Recruiting Forum Football Talk IV

Status
Not open for further replies.
SIAP but Outkick is reporting that Florida is close to hiring Napier as their new head coach. It would be an interesting hire. I guess long gone are the days of Florida or Tennessee being able to just throw money at whoever they want and get that coach.
I don’t think that’s ever been UT. The highest profile hire in football was Majors who topped out at $311,000 in 1992…middle of the pack in the SEC even then. Spurrier couldn’t have been much more to return to Gainesville with his previous stop being Duke. Urban was a top end mid-major hire at the time and they had to outbid Notre Dame and then the next would have been Muschamp who was the top hot assistant. Mullen got top money but he was third on their list after Chip Kelly and Scott Frost and reportedly took less than those two were offered. Money whipping hires hasn’t been the kingmakers in college football. More timing and luck. You miss out on Rich Rodriguez and Nick Saban suddenly becomes a possibility. For every Jimbo Fisher you have 3 hires like Dabo Swinney, Lincoln Riley and Ryan Day.

Last edited:
Whatever...Yes, I agree with the Hard-On. When did it start? Manning and the Heisman, Trailer Trash Statement, Coaching Searches of the Past? Before or after the NC? Keith Jackson? Sugar Bowl 86?

Tennessee Fans are the Best. GA, AL, FL, Auburn are obnoxious, rude in their own right.

Tennessee contributed and added to it, so it is relevant.
It started in the 90s, for whatever reason there were a few national guys that hated us...hence the Manning-Woodson debacle and the trailer trash comment.

Whatever...Yes, I agree with the Hard-On. When did it start? Manning and the Heisman, Trailer Trash Statement, Coaching Searches of the Past? Before or after the NC? Keith Jackson? Sugar Bowl 86?

Tennessee Fans are the Best. GA, AL, FL, Auburn are obnoxious, rude in their own right.

Bull crap...we could win the next ten NCs and they would be dogging us every step of the way, trying to find every possible angle to derail us.

We would never get the national slurping that Bama has gotten...ever.

It started in the 90s, for whatever reason there were a few national guys that hated us...hence the Manning-Woodson debacle and the trailer trash comment.
That's when the real hard on media hate for Tennessee started. ESPN jobbed Peyton out of the Heisman by continuously pushing for a defensive player to win it, and there was an understandable backlash from Tennessee fans because we know they jobbed Peyton. It makes me sick to think of all the lesser QBs who have won that award and they decide to push for a defensive player the year it should have gone to Peyton. ESPN can suck it.

ESPN hates UT;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back