Recruiting Forum Football Talk IV

Status
Not open for further replies.
Bishop has 256 yards and 4 TD against Oak Ridge.

7890dc4b-fb6b-409b-83ec-4da7fab6ec96_text.gif

Don’t think he is either. But Whitehead isn’t scaring anyone. Need someone who is a home run threat.
Whitehead is averaging 6.1 yards a carry on 19 carries against "SEC" defenses.

Ole Miss Rushing defense (103) is between Mizzous (worst in Football at 130) and South Carolina (in the 80s)

I dont know if we're gonna win (I'm optimistic), but the build up this week has been incredible. I'm glad to be part of a matchup like this. Even if i wasnt a Vol fan I would be really interested to watch. I'm not sure when the last time that was really true outside of us playing on a Monday or Thursday and being the only game on. Our style of play is very attractive all of a sudden. Quite the turn around.

A win would obviously be monumental for the trajectory of the program. We have come up short in so many of these games over the years. We can't take it for granted. We have the chance to put Neyland Stadium on display to the nation and we should honor the history and impact of our cathedral of college football by being loud as hell and torturing Ole Miss the whole game.

They are gonna slug us in the face without a doubt. We all have to take it in stride and put on more steam. All of us. Period. We've got the firepower to change a game quickly. So do they. It is gonna be fascinating to see which team handles it better. I hope we do.

I'm about to try to run through my wall now. Good night. Go Vols.

Whitehead is averaging 6.1 yards a carry on 19 carries against "SEC" defenses.

Ole Miss Rushing defense (103) is between Mizzous (worst in Football at 130) and South Carolina (in the 80s)
Mizzou doesn’t have a defense. I don’t care that they are in the SEC.

He could he's just not very dynamic...
He doesn't have to be dynamic. Just effective. Larry Zonka(?) was not a dynamic football player at all, but he was affective.

Had an old football coach once said, if our running back can carry the ball for 4yds every play. We will win every game. Obviously a RB can not carry the ball every play, or be expected to get 4 yds every time he touches the ball, but it still holds water.

Whitehead is not Evans, but he has proven to be effective in his own right In his short time in orange and white...and orange and black. Actually, he's doing pretty damn good.

Need Evans to play, regardless of outcome.
Anything but another coulda/woulda/shoulda big time game due to 1 bad ____ . Already been thinking about the Oklahoma game, all week. If Evans missed and we lost by like 1 score, I'd be sick.

Better yet, how about we stop being the *almost an upsest, kings and start a new tradition. How about winning these games when they're right there for the taking!

Isn't ole misses run defense somewhere around 101? Sounds like Whitehead could have a pretty damn good day then.
Whitehead also gets the luxury of running when the games are out of hand and Evans wore them out. Look I’m hoping Whitehead has a great game, but I think people are really overestimating him. I really hope Evans can play.

Need Evans to play, regardless of outcome.
Anything but another coulda/woulda/shoulda big time game due to 1 bad ____ . Already been thinking about the Oklahoma game, all week. If Evans missed and we lost by like 1 score, I'd be sick.

Better yet, how about we stop being the *almost an upsest, kings and start a new tradition. How about winning these games when they're right there for the taking!
In. I get a different vibe from Heupel than every coach we've had since Kiffin. He knows how to compete and takes advantage of every opportunity. Hopefully all the players buy in and come out guns blazing.

Let’s see….Evans hasn’t said that yet. Heupel said decision tomorrow but he’s been doing better, Hubbs, AP, Hyams, none have said he’s out….but the guy that doesn’t even live in Knoxville anymore if memory serves is breaking the story?

He may be out but I don’t think a decision has been made.

The VQs and 247s are more willing to keep things under wraps. Brice is loose lips like always. He is also buddy buddy with Lane so no idea where he could be going with this

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back