Recruiting Forum Football Talk IV

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think we have legit found our coach to raise our program back to a respected level. I said when I found out about numerous players they were holding out yesterday to try and get them healthy for next week that it would either show we have a coach and staff that knows exactly what they are doing and will be a great sign, or it will be a boneheaded decision that leads to a bunch of questions. Looks like they knew exactly what the players and themselves were capable of, and then went out and dominated a SEC team without key players. Hopefully it pays off big time this coming Saturday night!

Alright, real talk for a minute. Excited but bvs side curious about the post Hooker era.
I don't blame Heup one bit for playing the winner of practice, that's all you can do.

The questions nagging me are - if Milton doesn't get hurt but we see Hooker in mop up, does Hendon ever get the opportunity? And what do the past few games look like in that scenario.
Does he follow Saban etc., and make the switch when one isn't working? Or follow other UT coaches and ride his choice, no matter what?
And of course, long term, once he has kids respect, can he then recruit kids that can step on the field with GA and Bama.

He had receivers open pre Mizzou with excellent schemes but no doubt that fate intervened for Hendon. We may have gotten here thru other means, just that I don't KNOW that, at the moment.
For now, on field coaching alone, has been worth the price of admission. And still can't over state the worth of fb being FUN, again!

2nd half was frustrating yesterday, because I wasn't sure if we folded up shop or we were just trying to kill the game.

Looking at the final stats and who played, I think it's obvious it was by plan. They were still able to find some thing to work on.

It's nice to know we have coaches who can identify the issues and fix them quickly and players who are capable of being coached.

I have all the confidence in the coaches and team going into the Ole Miss game. This might be the funnest game of the year! I hope everyone who can make it does choose to go, the program has definitely earned it.

Alright, real talk for a minute. Excited but bvs side curious about the post Hooker era.
I don't blame Heup one bit for playing the winner of practice, that's all you can do.

The questions nagging me are - if Milton doesn't get hurt but we see Hooker in mop up, does Hendon ever get the opportunity? And what do the past few games look like in that scenario.
Does he follow Saban etc., and make the switch when one isn't working? Or follow other UT coaches and ride his choice, no matter what?
And of course, long term, once he has kids respect, can he then recruit kids that can step on the field with GA and Bama.

He had receivers open pre Mizzou with excellent schemes but no doubt that fate intervened for Hendon. We may have gotten here thru other means, just that I don't KNOW that, at the moment.
For now, on field coaching alone, has been worth the price of admission. And still can't over state the worth of fb being FUN, again!
I think Milton was on the way out of the first team before the injury. You could see his leash shortening, the play calls changing, and the frustration building across the board.

Just wish we had Hooker for four more years-- It is great having a quarterback who knows what they are doing. A quarterback who doesn't telegraph, knows how to hand off, knows when to run, and can throw to a receiver.

Haha, it's crazy how impressed we are here, just at the idea of a QB throwing *TO* a receiver.

Things may have been a bit off when that concept is mind blowing for us.

I think Milton was on the way out of the first team before the injury. You could see his leash shortening, the play calls changing, and the frustration building across the board.

I think you may be right.
Like I said, it's BVS and coach/QB history pushing me to want to know that's how he handles things.

After sleeping on the win, as has been mentioned, the passing accuracy stood out.

Hope Jackson and Charles are ready to go Saturday. With the emergence of Turnage and their return, secondary depth will be there. Gonna be a lot of running around in the secondary against X's offense.

Just wish we had Hooker for four more years-- It is great having a quarterback who knows what they are doing. A quarterback who doesn't telegraph, knows how to hand off, knows when to run, and can throw to a receiver.
QB won’t be an issue with this coach…. You may have a game or two where they are figuring out like this season but that is probably the extent of bad qb play.

He has proven in the past that he will make those changes…Milton won the job…. Hooker kept improving and is doing much better than he was in preseason camp.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back