Recruiting Forum Football Talk IV

Status
Not open for further replies.
Fun times on Rocky Top. Excited to say the least.

Only complaint is clock management. Another game were CJH does a really bad job of preserving clock before half. He absolutely has to figure this out or it’s going to cost us a close game.

GBO!
[VIDEO=][/VIDEO]

After losing quite a few coaches over the years, plus players in the NFL, I think it's finally starting to show on Bama. Fans will be sweating certain games weekly, instead of just the playoffs. To be honest, it will probably be more fun for them and more fun for the rest of the country. Kirby is Kirby. He has the best team, but definitely not the best coach. Also, great to see Clemson being mediocre.

Yea I get that
but the give in take is you can’t run a play when the half is over. Twice we called TO after a few seconds was lost yesterday because we weren’t sure what to do. Those few seconds cost us a play
Like I said, Pros and Cons. If the defense gets caught and it's a TD, which can easily be the case as we have seen this season already with the benefit of tempo, then what's there to complain about? Season 1. These moments will work itself out with reps.

Like I said, Pros and Cons. If the defense gets caught and it's a TD, which can easily be the case as we have seen this season already with the benefit of tempo, then what's there to complain about? Season 1. These moments will work itself out with reps.

They can’t get caught when JH eventually calls a TO like he did yesterday. He wasted precious seconds and still lost the advantage Of keeping them on the field

UGA really is the #1 at this point of the season. but will they survive their Georgia gonna Georgia moments that will inevitably come? Their fans are insufferable.

Bama and Saban got their wake-up call last night. He will use the loss to his advantage in the locker room and on the practice field. Their D was totally exposed. It's not good - it's very average for the SEC. The O will get better because of talent. As good as Robinson is as their top RB, he's not as much of a breakaway threat as they are accustomed to having. Good to see the mercenary #10 walk off the field with his head down. Makes a nice play, then disappears or gets exposed for the next 10. Same as here.

Who wants to play Cincy or Coastal? Hard pass from me. Those guys are good at what they do.

lol at Jimmy Frank. lol at JG Martinez and Frost. lol at Ogre. What a mess of a team. lol at the Hook and Release Longhorns. lol at BYU. lol as the Clawface Demon Deacons continue their march toward ACC dominance.

What a Saturday! Meanwhile, we actually have posters upset that Heup took the foot off the accelerator in the second half after leading 38-7 at halftime. With a severely depleted roster they wanted more steam put on. Patience, grasshoppers.

This is an important statement week. We will see how far we have actually come in the rebuild. Kiffin and his team need to be exposed as the posers they are. Most Vol fans will agree, all we really need is quality depth and to continue to recruit and develop the best QB and RB possible to take this program to an elite level. The coaching staff, schemes, and development are aces. As is our fanbase for enduring the past decade and remaining loyal to the program.

They can’t get caught when JH eventually calls a TO like he did yesterday. He wasted precious seconds and still lost the advantage Of keeping them on the field

I could be wrong, but it seriously appears like JH is refusing to call a TO to challenge the team to be fast. Keep in mind, he's doing it when the game is already decided and I think he's trying to make them execute the way he wants to in live fire. Just like running the ball in the 3rd qtr. He wasn't going to bail them out with creative play calling, he was going to make them fight through the lethargy and execute. Maybe I'm just imagining it, but it's kinda like watching Barnes coach early in the bball season. He's more interested in teaching than he is the stat line.

I could be wrong, but it seriously appears like JH is refusing to call a TO to challenge the team to be fast. Keep in mind, he's doing it when the game is already decided and I think he's trying to make them execute the way he wants to in live fire. Just like running the ball in the 3rd qtr. He wasn't going to bail them out with creative play calling, he was going to make them fight through the lethargy and execute. Maybe I'm just imagining it, but it's kinda like watching Barnes coach early in the bball season. He's more interested in teaching than he is the stat line.

we called 2 TOs in the last few seconds of the half. Both were called after hesitation costing us 2-3 seconds on both. We then had to kick a FG with 4 seconds. We lost at least one play and maybe 2 AND we still called TOs

Attachments

• 7F19877C-9B83-4230-A233-684D40BCED93.jpeg
    7F19877C-9B83-4230-A233-684D40BCED93.jpeg
    345.3 KB · Views: 23
A&M beating Bama was awesome. Wish we could beat a big team this year. Sadly our OL and depth is not good enough for us to do that IMO. Bama and UGA will probably still beat us big and Ole Miss is going to be a tough game for us. They can score just like we do. It sucks seeing Kentucky undefeated. Deep down they aren’t as good as they think they are they have just played some really below average teams. UGA will kill them. Hope we can beat them too.

So, in two games, Tennessee has scored over 100 points and rushed for 700 yards in SEC games. And basically won the game with 1st quarter score total two weeks in a row. 🤠

Meanwhile in oklahoma, Gray looks to be 3rd string.
And for bama TooToo has two solo tackles and lost to A&M.

Not trying to be too petty, but I’m definitely glad that they transferred.

Really good day in my house. Vols beat usc and my wife’s Aggies hold on to beat bama in a very exciting game.

4-2 en route to 13-2 🤠

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back