Recruiting Forum Football Talk III

Status
Not open for further replies.
it is when last progress was made in 30's and then again in 50's. Some progress is better than none.
You're talking about progress with a purpose. CJH is having progress with a purpose because he's making practice as close to real.game scenarios as possible for his players to get actual experience and for him and his coaches to see who can at the best

You're talking about progress with a purpose. CJH is having progress with a purpose because he's making practice as close to real.game scenarios as possible for his players to get actual experience and for him and his coaches to see who can at the best
fair enough

Great post from a poster on VQ which means it’s obviously not Andy Bowser

The perception that Tennessee's defense is going to be such a liability is based off of 2020 and Henry T leaving.

I am here to eviscerate that outlook and tell you why Tennessee will have a defense.

History:

2019 Tennessee had a legitimately salty defense. The back half of the year they were playing pretty lights out. Remember who the coaches were though. DL- Tracy Rocker OLB- Rump LB- Sherrar who were all encouraged to leave or didn't like working for Pruitt or just wanted the NFL. Either way they left.

Here is what happened.... Jeremy Pruitt's massive state of Texas sized ego. Jeremy knew ball but his ego had him convinced he could do it all.

2020 we literally returned 19 of our top 22. We lost 3 players defensively in Bituli, Warrior and D Taylor. Good players for sure and leaders but nothing excuses that pathetic product.

So he hired Brambaugh, Shelton Felton and Niedemeyer. 2 objectively bad hires and a DL coach that was a meh hire. We were told this was almost soley done for recruiting on all 3. Reason? Pruitt truly felt he would make up the difference.

It wasn't personel. Now we don't have a ton of 1st round draft picks but we weren't overwhelmed last year. Our DBs never had a clue who to guard and our LBs were more lost than the GQ would have been.

He fired his DL coach 3 games in- Ego. The problem here was twofold. 1) Pruitt had no clue how to coach DL in the SEC. None. He felt he could. 2) He had 2 HS level LB coaches coaching in the best league in the world and they were totally exposed. His ego felt he could be there to coach up his coaches during the year but he had to be with the DL so his coaches were left hanging. Then the DBs suffered because he also wasn't there.

The other thing Pruitt attempting to coach DL did was take him away from being the head coach and those duties during games, practice etc because he was the only one for the DL.

Present day:

We have a staff full of veterans who have gotten results. In fact it is a really strong defensive staff by resume, passion (they aren't older guys but they aren't rookies either).
We have the best DL coach in the country with plenty of depth.
We have personel that isn't going to out there not belonging on an SEC field. They just need to have the coaching that they didn't get last year.

We may not be crazy dynamic but this assumption we will be a trainwreck is rooted in Jeremy Pruitt hiring as bad of a staff as you can AND THEN compounding that by firing a DL coach when he should have done so in the offseason. It was a snowball he couldn't get back.

Feel free to discuss. But adding the Mitchell kid at LB was massive. You will see Jeremy Banks take that jump Pruitt said he would now that he has a coach. We have talent. We have players. The staff was the problem. Turnage, Apache, Terry, Trembley, Simmons, Baron, Harrison, Morven, Omari, Tank, Flowers, Tae etc... we have players who aren't lost on a SEC field.

We have coaches who will be on the same page and not be in over their head meaning they can get the kids in the right direction. It won't be perfect but seeing that Tennessee's defense is just so bad and going to give up 45 a game is rooted in that 2020 crap product that will not be this year.

Football more than any other sport coaching is the key. X's and O's. Development. End game adjustments. Defensively the staff was lost year. This year they are not.

Great post from a poster on VQ which means it’s obviously not Andy Bowser

The perception that Tennessee's defense is going to be such a liability is based off of 2020 and Henry T leaving.

I am here to eviscerate that outlook and tell you why Tennessee will have a defense.

History:

2019 Tennessee had a legitimately salty defense. The back half of the year they were playing pretty lights out. Remember who the coaches were though. DL- Tracy Rocker OLB- Rump LB- Sherrar who were all encouraged to leave or didn't like working for Pruitt or just wanted the NFL. Either way they left.

Here is what happened.... Jeremy Pruitt's massive state of Texas sized ego. Jeremy knew ball but his ego had him convinced he could do it all.

2020 we literally returned 19 of our top 22. We lost 3 players defensively in Bituli, Warrior and D Taylor. Good players for sure and leaders but nothing excuses that pathetic product.

So he hired Brambaugh, Shelton Felton and Niedemeyer. 2 objectively bad hires and a DL coach that was a meh hire. We were told this was almost soley done for recruiting on all 3. Reason? Pruitt truly felt he would make up the difference.

It wasn't personel. Now we don't have a ton of 1st round draft picks but we weren't overwhelmed last year. Our DBs never had a clue who to guard and our LBs were more lost than the GQ would have been.

He fired his DL coach 3 games in- Ego. The problem here was twofold. 1) Pruitt had no clue how to coach DL in the SEC. None. He felt he could. 2) He had 2 HS level LB coaches coaching in the best league in the world and they were totally exposed. His ego felt he could be there to coach up his coaches during the year but he had to be with the DL so his coaches were left hanging. Then the DBs suffered because he also wasn't there.

The other thing Pruitt attempting to coach DL did was take him away from being the head coach and those duties during games, practice etc because he was the only one for the DL.

Present day:

We have a staff full of veterans who have gotten results. In fact it is a really strong defensive staff by resume, passion (they aren't older guys but they aren't rookies either).
We have the best DL coach in the country with plenty of depth.
We have personel that isn't going to out there not belonging on an SEC field. They just need to have the coaching that they didn't get last year.

We may not be crazy dynamic but this assumption we will be a trainwreck is rooted in Jeremy Pruitt hiring as bad of a staff as you can AND THEN compounding that by firing a DL coach when he should have done so in the offseason. It was a snowball he couldn't get back.

Feel free to discuss. But adding the Mitchell kid at LB was massive. You will see Jeremy Banks take that jump Pruitt said he would now that he has a coach. We have talent. We have players. The staff was the problem. Turnage, Apache, Terry, Trembley, Simmons, Baron, Harrison, Morven, Omari, Tank, Flowers, Tae etc... we have players who aren't lost on a SEC field.

We have coaches who will be on the same page and not be in over their head meaning they can get the kids in the right direction. It won't be perfect but seeing that Tennessee's defense is just so bad and going to give up 45 a game is rooted in that 2020 crap product that will not be this year.

Football more than any other sport coaching is the key. X's and O's. Development. End game adjustments. Defensively the staff was lost year. This year they are not.

I’m ready to believe.

I’m ready to be hurt again.

Feel like thing like all the noise from turnover will be a lot quieter with JH then JP
Seemed like every year we were getting new coaches

How can you not get practice blind….. would you start the guy that sucks in practice?
The problem comes after game 1. Game 1 you have to start whoever was best in practice. They've earned it. But if they fall apart in the game, it's next man up. JG should have been replaced long before he was.

Dang brother...you better wait a while ill prices come down on material unless you wanna pay payments for a few more years..🥴 lumber has been insane, but it will come down once production gets fully ramped back up. I have a BiL in the lumberyard business.

Edit..just now realized I think you mean interior design on a house you already have..so nevermind..🔙

No you had it right. We are building. Here's the thing. After selling my house and wow what I got for it, we checked on building a new house. My wifey and I are down sizing and even offered on a 1984 house. nice home but the flooring was going to have to be replaces and carpet replace in three bedrooms. We offered 12,000 over the asking price and someone paid cash for it but its was just as much to build a new home as what we were asking for that 1984 house that needed improvements. Its because everyone is bid up so much on existing homes.

Activism begets change, change is progress.
Not taking a shot at you, just the saying. I can’t stand how this is always said with the underlying assumption that change and progress are ALWAYS good and for the better. There’s plenty of sh!t change which progresses in the wrong direction. Like “practice makes perfect” - wrong, it’s practice makes PERMANENT. Proper practice is required in order to achieve desired results. Much is the same with change and progress.

Not taking a shot at you, just the saying. I can’t stand how this is always said with the underlying assumption that change and progress are ALWAYS good and for the better. There’s plenty of sh!t change which progresses in the wrong direction. Like “practice makes perfect” - wrong, it’s practice makes PERMANENT. Proper practice is required in order to achieve desired results. Much is the same with change and progress.
i think common sense can be a wonderful measure of what needs changing.

infrastructure needs upgrading, thats a good change.

If it hits you in the hands, you should catch it.
I 99.2% agree. But I’d like to see you catch 10/10 fastballs on a 3 yard HB angle route. There are times on those 5 yard or less dump down passes where a QB throws it 100mph and it’s hard to blame the HB/WR for the drop. Throwing and catching is a two man job. Just like a fumbled snap is sometimes on the C and sometimes on the QB.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back