Recruiting Forum Football Talk III

Status
Not open for further replies.
You in OP now?

Yeah St John's County is blowing up. We feel fine. Quarantine with a three and a five year old is rooooouuuuuggghhh

We aren't vaxxed either but believe we had it last year so that's why. Delta has alot of confusing stuff out data wise.

Yeah I bought a house in OP almost to Middleburg at the beginning of July. Really happy with it but also feeling kinda broke.

I swore I wouldn't get vaxxed....nothing against it just didn't trust how quickly it got rolled out when it usually takes years or decades of research for vaccines. But my wife and F.I.L. really hounded me and then one of my coworkers got it recently....luckily he worked by himself in the print room. When I'm in the office a lot of my close quarters coworkers are 55-70, some have health issues and others have elderly parents. I'd hate to get Covid, bring it in the office and cause somebody's death.

Hope your family is immune.

Thanks man. Packed up and left today. Seeing pictures of us in our bedroom hurt so bad. I feel like I've been kicked out of my own house from my girl and left on the side of the road.

Time to go get fu*** up
You are young. There are plenty of fish in the sea. Go out and don’t get “F’d up” go out and just have fun. Because it isn’t worth it to dwell over someone who doesn’t want to be with you. You don’t see it as that right now but you are better off bro.

Thanks man. Packed up and left today. Seeing pictures of us in our bedroom hurt so bad. I feel like I've been kicked out of my own house from my girl and left on the side of the road.

Time to go get fu*** up
Totally sucks. Getting drunk is not a bad choice if you have friends with you. Really hate it for you but you will get over it. I promise you will.

Totally sucks. Getting drunk is not a bad choice if you have friends with you. Really hate it for you but you will get over it. I promise you will.
I mean getting tipsy and enjoying yourself is one thing. I’d be getting drinks and dancing with all the girls in the club. Having a good time.

Drinking yourself into a blackout is just useless. You end up with all the bad side effects and that’s if you don’t do anything stupid.

Reactions: drvenner
Not sure what's going on with Simone Biles, but her confidence is utterly lost. Feel for her. Her mental toughness has been awesome until now.
Ya, she broke it seems. Tough to be a phenom superstar so young, no kid is made to deal with that level of celebrity. I've got mixed feelings on her quitting though. Not passing judgment on her either way, but it doesn't feel quite perfectly right to quit mid competition because your head just isn't in the game. Probably just my dad ringing in my ears that once you sign up for something you finish it, even if you're sucking and/or miserable and/or embarrassed.

Not sure what's going on with Simone Biles, but her confidence is utterly lost. Feel for her. Her mental toughness has been awesome until now.
Yeah she just quit. When ever have you seen an athlete in the most important event of their life just walk off and abandon their team?

The only problem with getting drunk is that it never solves the problem or change the hurt. Its still there the next day. We all have to learn to not let people how that much control over our feelings. Losing someone you care for isn't easy and it hurts but no one is worth getting drunk over.

Yeah she just quit. When ever have you seen an athlete in the most important event of their life just walk off and abandon their team?

I’d normally feel that way, but if what they said is true about underscoring her for parity, i would imagine that would be pretty devastating after all those years of work and incredibly discouraging from a competitive standpoint. I think the underscoring thing is a total shame, and I think there should be a whole lot more outrage about it.

Ya, she broke it seems. Tough to be a phenom superstar so young, no kid is made to deal with that level of celebrity. I've got mixed feelings on her quitting though. Not passing judgment on her either way, but it doesn't feel quite perfectly right to quit mid competition because your head just isn't in the game. Probably just my dad ringing in my ears that once you sign up for something you finish it, even if you're sucking and/or miserable and/or embarrassed.
It is pathetic..

Your Dad was right ...see Mary Lou Retton. She was actually hurt and still finished.

To be fair, if she isn’t 100% focused, she could get badly injured. Also, she could be a detriment to the rest of her team if she isn’t on her game. To your first point, I can’t imagine the pressure she is under.

Minnesota and Wisconsin play for Paul Bunyan's Axe. Texas and UT could play the Battle for Betsy, Davy Crockett's rifle.
If it ever actually becomes a rivalry we have to find a way to get this idea to the higher ups! Sorry to inform you Weez, but I think you just peaked!

Your Dad was right ...see Mary Lou Retton. She was actually hurt and still finished.
Kerri Strug..what is pathetic is Strug is petting her. We actually encourage this pathetic quitter mentality in our youth. Our nation is screwed.

When the going gets tough...quit.

15 - 0 Baby here we come!
tenor.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back