Recruiting Forum Football Talk III

Status
Not open for further replies.
I’d normally feel that way, but if what they said is true about underscoring her for parity, i would imagine that would be pretty devastating after all those years of work and incredibly discouraging from a competitive standpoint. I think the underscoring thing is a total shame, and I think there should be a whole lot more outrage about it.
Considering she's a sexual assault victim in that very environment, I can't imagine what being there in the olympics brings up inside her.

I could absolutely never put myself in her shoes, so I'm not going to judge for anything like that.

That pressure may happen when you label yourself the GOAT.
It is pathetic...there are a ton of people are actually celebrating her and calling her courageous for freaking QUITTING.

I hate this world...it has absolutely gone upside down insane...nothing makes sense to me anymore.

Considering she's a sexual assault victim in that very environment, I can't imagine what being there in the olympics brings up inside her.

I could absolutely never put myself in her shoes, so I'm not going to judge for anything like that.
No one forced her to go to Japan. She could’ve stayed home and given her spot to someone who actually wanted to compete.

You don't quit on your team - ever. That is pathetic. You may not perform well, but you give it your best shot.

I’m not sure of her intentions (because I’m not following the Olympics) but she needs to pack up and go home. If she competes for individual gold that will look terrible on her.

Really? All those meets, all those competitions...and now it matters?

People passing negative judgement when the poor girl was sexually assaulted for years..even worse lots of people knew about the sick **** and didn't do anything.

No one forced her to go to Japan. She could’ve stayed home and given her spot to someone who actually wanted to compete.
Not sure that's how mental health works, especially for sexual assault victims walking back into the very environment relating to said abuse. Not sure one can foresee their reaction.

She was there...she tried...she had what sounds like a panic attack of sorts before performing...she performed poorly. She thought her decision would help her team. She's given so much to US Olympic success. She's earned some benefit of the doubt.

Not sure why others care so much about her decision when no other person can ever really know what's happening inside her. But who needs to know when we can just judge? Judge not, that ye be not judged.

Last edited:
Notice NBC trotted out the experts to tell us all the socially acceptable response to this girl quitting. More about the narrative than the competition.
I hate NBC. Their Olympics coverage has always been hot garbage. Beijing Olympics were the worst with their human interest stories glorifying that regime.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back