Recruiting Forum Football Talk III

Status
Not open for further replies.
AK on his first impressions of Heupel:

“I’m not even talking football, just from a human to human perspective,” Kamara said. “I think he’s a good guy. I think he has a good grasp on what he wants to do, and not talking about football, seeing what he’s doing out here. I think he has something going as far as the way he wants to run the team. I think they’re receptive to him and they like him. I think they’re responding well to what he wants to do and his tone. So I’m looking forward to the season.”

Ill be honest, I was not impressed with our rbs yesterday
Hate to say it, but same...thought they were given good holes and space to run, but none of them popped in any way. Will miss Gray and even Ty imo, but we'll be ok.

Positives - Small showed nice vision and patience. Wright showed a bit of juice. Not sure how Beckwith fits into this offense and he just doesn't look like a modern RB tbh, but he could be a nice weapon if he finds a niche and exploits it.

Hopefully Evans gets 100% and shows out. Otherwise it looks like a by-committee approach.

Time will tell but nothing shows me that Mizzou or Pitt will beat us. Both teams have massive question marks as well as us.

We will see. I think our defense is really bad and I’m not confident we will get consistent QB play that early in the year. I think Pitt may come too soon in year; Florida is essentially insurmountable at this point in Vol history and Mizzou has always been a tough place to play. I could see 4-2 but 5-1 is too optimistic, I think. We will see! I will be pulling for 6-0!

We will see. I think our defense is really bad and I’m not confident we will get consistent QB play that early in the year. I think Pitt may come too soon in year; Florida is essentially insurmountable at this point in Vol history and Mizzou has always been a tough place to play. I could see 4-2 but 5-1 is too optimistic, I think. We will see! I will be pulling for 6-0!
Mizzou is Mizzou and lost some key pieces, we’ll see. Pitt lost some very key figures on their Defense, their offense is pedestrian, and CJH has some familiarity with them. I think we split those games at worst.

Basilio said we will have 20-25 new faces this fall through transfers and newcomers. We need them all, specifically on defense
I’m not sure how that’s possible. We only have 6 signees that haven’t shown up yet and only 6 initial counter spots left. I guess if you count them and the 3 that have been suspended that’s 15.

Agree and it's been really obvious. People like to pick their favorites for whatever reason. The objective is to find the QB you can win with that unites the team. That would be #15 with this roster. I really don't know what else you can ask of a young QB.

A few have noted that HB took advantage of coverage breakdowns, which is true on a few throws. Which also made it more obvious he is the right guy. He immediately recognized the breakdowns but initially looked away from the open receivers to keep them open (which tells you the secondary was watching him instead of their assignments). There were plenty of coverage breakdowns with the other two guys as well when you review the game video. They did not see them. So, not only did HB read the coverages correctly, he delivered catchable passes that maxed the yardage the receiver could get. He also scrambled once for positive yards. He operated the offense with complete control. If he has control of the current, limited offense he is ready to be given more of it as they head into fall camp. The other two still have work to do on the limited offense, reading coverages and their passing mechanics.
Exactly. Like I said yesterday, he did like he did in high school. He got the ball to play makers so they could make plays. And just like in high school, he was criticized for not running and for getting it to open receivers.

Last edited:
Agree and it's been really obvious. People like to pick their favorites for whatever reason. The objective is to find the QB you can win with that unites the team. That would be #15 with this roster. I really don't know what else you can ask of a young QB.

A few have noted that HB took advantage of coverage breakdowns, which is true on a few throws. Which also made it more obvious he is the right guy. He immediately recognized the breakdowns but initially looked away from the open receivers to keep them open (which tells you the secondary was watching him instead of their assignments). There were plenty of coverage breakdowns with the other two guys as well when you review the game video. They did not see them. So, not only did HB read the coverages correctly, he delivered catchable passes that maxed the yardage the receiver could get. He also scrambled once for positive yards. He operated the offense with complete control. If he has control of the current, limited offense he is ready to be given more of it as they head into fall camp. The other two still have work to do on the limited offense, reading coverages and their passing mechanics.
Exactly. Like I said yesterday, he did like he did in high school. He got the ball to play makers so they could make plays. And just like in high school, he was criticized for not running and for getting it to open receivers.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back