Recruiting Forum Football Talk III

Status
Not open for further replies.
I laughed at first at the comment and the negative reaction to it, since Auburn and Georgia is one of the oldest rivalries in college sports. When I heard that he made a similar comment about women in San Antonio, that kinda think he shouldn't say stuff like that. He's going to get "cancel cultured" for it.
But I genuinely think Barkley could not give one rats ass if he got canceled. He is just gonna say what he wants and damn the consequences.

But I genuinely think Barkley could not give one rats ass if he got canceled. He is just gonna say what he wants and damn the consequences.
It’s ironic he came out last week and had an incredibly accurate comment about most folks are good, black and white, and the system attempts to divide us. Love him for both comments really. He was just having some fun with this recent comment. Where is the line? Who knows

It was the way he said it. Said that Wideman was so far down the depth chart that he wasn’t going to be a factor and provided zero context. Like the kid was just a bust.

Given he is athletic as he is... he must just be lazy/not care. Some guys just don’t want it. Can’t make them want to be great.

I had no idea that Mars Blackmon covered the NBA on ESPN. Most of his movies suck, so I guess he needs the cash or getting ready to take over for Barkley

1619372539638.jpeg1619372580820.jpeg

Last edited:
Reactions: Batman1948
Given he is athletic as he is... he must just be lazy/not care. Some guys just don’t want it. Can’t make them want to be great.

He probably should focus on basketball but we don’t really know what his deal was this spring. They seem pretty quiet about what is bothering players. Hyatt missed a lot of time too. Holiday was in non contact jersey all spring.

Reactions: SweetasSoda
Disagree. Jancek looked good yesterday. He was a DT QB in high school. Looks like he found a good position and could earn some playing time. Good for him.
This. The adjustment he made on Maurers pass was ELITE and he always found a way to have separation no matter who the DB was. I could see him easily working his way into the rotation.

I’m no QB evaluator but every time HB has played he’s looked like our best QB.

Agree and it's been really obvious. People like to pick their favorites for whatever reason. The objective is to find the QB you can win with that unites the team. That would be #15 with this roster. I really don't know what else you can ask of a young QB.

A few have noted that HB took advantage of coverage breakdowns, which is true on a few throws. Which also made it more obvious he is the right guy. He immediately recognized the breakdowns but initially looked away from the open receivers to keep them open (which tells you the secondary was watching him instead of their assignments). There were plenty of coverage breakdowns with the other two guys as well when you review the game video. They did not see them. So, not only did HB read the coverages correctly, he delivered catchable passes that maxed the yardage the receiver could get. He also scrambled once for positive yards. He operated the offense with complete control. If he has control of the current, limited offense he is ready to be given more of it as they head into fall camp. The other two still have work to do on the limited offense, reading coverages and their passing mechanics.

Last edited:
Agree and it's been really obvious. People like to pick their favorites for whatever reason. The objective is to find the QB you can win with that unites the team. That would be #15 with this roster. I really don't know what else you can ask of a young QB.

A few have noted that HB took advantage of coverage breakdowns, which is true on a few throws. Which also made it more obvious he is the right guy. He immediately recognized the breakdowns but initially looked away from the open receivers to keep them open (which tells you the secondary was watching him instead of their assignments). There were plenty of coverage breakdowns with the other two guys as well when you review the game video. They did not see them. So, not only did HB read the coverages correctly, he delivered catchable passes that maxed the yardage the receiver could get. He also scrambled once for positive yards. He operated the offense with complete control. If he has control of the current, limited offense he is ready to be given more of it as they head into fall camp. The other two still have work to do on the limited offense, reading coverages and their passing mechanics.
Good post. And yeah, in some instances it's nice to have a true running threat at QB to run more RPO stuff if he can also be an accurate passer with touch when needed. But look again at Huepel's qb's from the past that were very effective. How many of them were true running threats? How many of the qb's expected to go high in the draft are true dual threat qb's? They are not a necessity to have a succesful offense. A smart, instinctive qb who can smell pressure and side step when needed and then deliver a strike is more valuable imo.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back