Recruiting Forum Football Talk III

Status
Not open for further replies.
No you wouldn't, they really don't heal. Well, they heal just not they way they were beforehand. Your Achilles tendon is about the size of your pinky finger. After surgery and healing it's about the size of your thumb. When they stitch it back together the doctor told me the suture was similar to blind cord. It never flexes like it did before. Before I tore it I could take off from the free-throw line and 360 windmill dunk. Now I'm lucky just to pass it under my leg before throwing it down. (The last part may or may not be true.)

Invol more like...

giphy.gif
After seeing this, I would hate to see Invol after the Achilles injury!!

Pruitt. Losing and the escalating negativity it caused. Lack of chemistry and buy-in. The friction between the coaches who took paycuts and those who refused was the final ingredient in a toxic stew. UT has not been a happy place for a while, and things just boiled over. The only coaches who weren't relieved to get out were the two VFLs shoved out the door. And that caused more friction with former players and donors.

It’s just a shame. It seems like this black cloud has followed us through multiple head coaches and administrations. I am just trying to look for consistencies throughout all this. I mean we overpay...don’t have a state income tax...the only thing that I have seen different about Knoxville versus other places is the toxicity of the local media. Most other places I have been the local media write puff pieces for the University while ours always seems to be looking for gotcha pieces.

It’s just a shame. It seems like this black cloud has followed us through multiple head coaches and administrations. I am just trying to look for consistencies throughout all this. I mean we overpay...don’t have a state income tax...the only thing that I have seen different about Knoxville versus other places is the toxicity of the local media. Most other places I have been the local media write puff pieces for the University while ours always seems to be looking for gotcha pieces.
You don't have to look for gotcha pieces.

Reactions: Smokey19rt
Wade twins, Fisher Anderson, D'Arco Perkins, nd Addison Nichols are 'feeling' UT right now according to VQ podcast. They aren't necessarily near committing, but the new staff and them have connected well.

Dallan Hayden is going to wait a while before committing, which is beneficial for UT.

Patrick Kutas is talking with the staff, but if a school with a better academic setting like Northwestern and Notre Dame comes, UT would be fighting an uphill battle.

Any recruiting buzz? Just seems really quiet, need some kids to jump on and try to help pull a respectable class together.

Well since no one knows the actual buddy status of coaches unless you know both personally, then yeah “buddy” gets thrown around. I think the only real “buddy” that Pruitt had on staff was friend. I personally don’t know if he and ansley and sherrer were go out and drink beers together “buddies” he did bring friend with him a few places so I’m more comfortable thinking they were friends but even then maybe not... so, yes like I’ve said previously the argument can be cut both ways which I think you proved for me above. Someone said it’s nice that they didn’t use the buddy system and I pointed out he brought 4 coaches he coached with last year which was my only point in posting about it... call it buddies call it comfort.. you responded to my post and proved the point... as for the st. Nick question I’m sure he has... I did see an interview with him and Bill belli and they discussed how they had honor in not poaching coaches when you get the call from coordinator to head man.. I’m not going to dig through his history to prove or disprove a point that doesn’t really deal with the main point of my post
He was tight with Sherrer and really valued Weinke...to the point of jettisoning Gillespie to create a place for him. No analogy to Heupel.

Remember that RB from Georgia drafted by New England about 20 years ago who ended his career playing flag football on the beach at the Pro Bowl? Edwards, I believe
Yeah, he was a beast, nice blend of speed and size, killed us at least one year at Georgia, although I think that was during UT's decade long winning streak against 'em. I think he had a knee injury or 2 before and that last one finished his career. Pretty sure they almost had to amputate his leg, iIrc

Reactions: pierce60
Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back