Recruiting Forum Football Talk III

Status
Not open for further replies.
Man, I bet everybody in the New Orleans Saints' front office and the coaches just got chest pains, watching the 75 million dollar man, snowboarding
Remember that RB from Georgia drafted by New England about 20 years ago who ended his career playing flag football on the beach at the Pro Bowl? Edwards, I believe

Artis pursued the South Carolina job heavily. Without knowing specifics, I believe he was underpaid relative to his peers in the SEC and he had been unhappy here for some time.
Uhhh, he had literally just taken the job with no prior experience running his own program ever. He wasn't underpaid for a first time strength coach

Artis pursued the South Carolina job heavily. Without knowing specifics, I believe he was underpaid relative to his peers in the SEC and he had been unhappy here for some time.

He was underpaid because he was handed job by default in a pandemic yr. seems like everyone was unhappy working for Pruitt. Probably because he fired them all at some point as someone said lol

Uhhh, he had literally just taken the job with no prior experience running his own program ever. He wasn't underpaid for a first time strength coach
Yeah, I don't necessarily agree or disagree. Just saying it was obvious for a while that he was going to move on if he could.

Another aspect of it is he was upset with Pruitt because he felt like he was doing the head S&C job for a while before being given the title and raise.

A few rays of optimism from Basilio's recruiting expert "X" this morning:

In an odd sort of way Coach Heupel may be a bit relieved Simpson and Horn chose different schools. It’s almost like hiring a new head coach but not giving him freedom to hire his staff. When Coach Heupel took the job, the top of his quarterback recruiting board was already set. He didn’t recruit either prospect at Central Florida. Now, he can recruit the quarterback(s) of his choosing. Two things I’m sure of 1) there are plenty of quarterbacks that would love to play in his offense and 2) there are more undervalued quarterback prospects available in this cycle, because of COVID (some states didn’t play football in 2020 and some had very limited seasons), than in past recruiting cycles.

The Tony Basilio Show

He goes on to list several potential QB targets, including Drew Allar.
I had the feeling that JH was using reverse psychology with the QB recruiting. Making others think he really wanted Simpson and Horn, all the while sitting back thinking, yeah yall get them whiles I got my eyes focused on what I want.

No you wouldn't, they really don't heal. Well, they heal just not they way they were beforehand. Your Achilles tendon is about the size of your pinky finger. After surgery and healing it's about the size of your thumb. When they stitch it back together the doctor told me the suture was similar to blind cord. It never flexes like it did before. Before I tore it I could take off from the free-throw line and 360 windmill dunk. Now I'm lucky just to pass it under my leg before throwing it down. (The last part may or may not be true.)
Invol more like...

giphy.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back