Recruiting Forum Football Talk III

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is there any official word on the S&C changes since Artis left? I understand that CJH brought someone from UCF. But the coach roster on UT Athletics still doesn't seem to be very complete. Anyone see an article anywhere that confirmed he's putting his guy in?

Having torn one all I can say is take care of that bad boy. YOU DON"T WANT TO TEAR ONE!
I would have rather torn mine. At least it can heal. Still have tendinitis 6 years later and I had to give up running in the process.

Oh well, it forced me to weight training and now I’m jacked underneath all this flab.

Wasn’t sure what to think about Ekeler since he has bounced around a lot and ended up back at North Texas but his former players are talking him up quite a bit on Twitter each saying he is a stud.

It basically seems like he had a being willing to help HCs that ended up getting fired. Has success at Nebraska but Pelini ticked off people at was in hindsight probably wrongly fired. Will Compton swears by him. Has success at UGA but hates Pruitt fights him and Richt gets the axe. Jake Goenus swears by him. Goes to UNC and Fedora gets axe but I’m not sure if he left before that or after as it looks like he joined Seth Littrell at North TX so maybe He left before fedora was fired. Cole Holcomb swears by him. Les talks him into joining him at Kansas as he has worked with les before. Not sure why he left to go back to Seth at North TX again but at least it’s a good sign Seth would take him back.

If anything he will be a juice guy on a defensive side that probably could use that.

UGA friend said the fans loved Ekeler while in Athens. He would walk through campus to the games rather than taking the team bus and would make all his assistants walk with him. Said he would walk right by your tailgate looking like he was going to war with about 5-10 grad assistants in tow with clipboards.

Also, like Orgeron, he had a Red Bull fridge in his office so he will certainly be a juice guy we have been lacking for years.

They were in shape.
they just didn’t want “it”

And that trickled down from the top.

Anyway, with some experience in the gym with team sports, everyone is pretty much the same. There are a few innovative guys, it’s all about relating to the athletes.
being part parent, coach, friend, and psychiatrist.
I’m just ready for us to rip out every piece of equipment in the training center again and spend 2 million in renovations, because nothing in there works 😏

I would have rather torn mine. At least it can heal. Still have tendinitis 6 years later and I had to give up running in the process.

Oh well, it forced me to weight training and now I’m jacked underneath all this flab.
No you wouldn't, they really don't heal. Well, they heal just not they way they were beforehand. Your Achilles tendon is about the size of your pinky finger. After surgery and healing it's about the size of your thumb. When they stitch it back together the doctor told me the suture was similar to blind cord. It never flexes like it did before. Before I tore it I could take off from the free-throw line and 360 windmill dunk. Now I'm lucky just to pass it under my leg before throwing it down. (The last part may or may not be true.)

UGA friend said the fans loved Ekeler while in Athens. He would walk through campus to the games rather than taking the team bus and would make all his assistants walk with him. Said he would walk right by your tailgate looking like he was going to war with about 5-10 grad assistants in tow with clipboards.

Also, like Orgeron, he had a Red Bull fridge in his office so he will certainly be a juice guy we have been lacking for years.

He does seem to idolize Coach O from an article someone posted of his quotes. I guess he worked with him at some point

That is a great article. I like this guy's thinking. We didn't pay attention to Stars of a recruit until Rivals and other sight's started that rating system. We have over the years put our trust in Stars instead of Coaches evaluation of players and yes they do miss some but they get plenty more right. I loved his statement about there is really only 5 players in the country that are truly different than the rest.

“It’s not about recruiting, it’s about evaluating. That’s one of the things I learned from Ed Orgeron. It doesn’t matter if he’s a 2-star or a 5-star, it’s how you evaluate it and what you think you can do with him. That’s what I learned from him. Again, you recruit them. But there’s only about five players in the country that are totally different than everybody else. Everybody else can fall into a similar category. At that point it’s about developing and teaching. It’s about evaluating and developing your talent. And that’s a fact.” I feel like we have been missing development for years now. I like to hear this.

Pruitt. Losing and the escalating negativity it caused. Lack of chemistry and buy-in. The friction between the coaches who took paycuts and those who refused was the final ingredient in a toxic stew. UT has not been a happy place for a while, and things just boiled over. The only coaches who weren't relieved to get out were the two VFLs shoved out the door. And that caused more friction with former players and donors.
Overall thoughts on the new staff?

I think it's a good case study that "big names" alone don't make a good working coaching staff. We had alot of those with Pruitt, but no chemistry, no cohesion.

That's why CJH taking time to get his staff didn't bother me. My thoughts were that he needed to take the time on the front end to put the best staff he wanted together (not just worry about today), and hopefully we get a group that gels and works well as a unit on Saturdays in the Fall.

Is there any official word on the S&C changes since Artis left? I understand that CJH brought someone from UCF. But the coach roster on UT Athletics still doesn't seem to be very complete. Anyone see an article anywhere that confirmed he's putting his guy in?
It's Kurt Schmidt, listed as Director of Competition Development. Would think that title is going to be updated.

I think it's a good case study that "big names" alone don't make a good working coaching staff. We had alot of those with Pruitt, but no chemistry, no cohesion.

That's why CJH taking time to get his staff didn't bother me. My thoughts were that he needed to take the time on the front end to put the best staff he wanted together (not just worry about today), and hopefully we get a group that gels and works well as a unit on Saturdays in the Fall.
An all star staff usually has all star egos. Hire slow, fire fast. I am impressed with this staff. Time will tell. But if you develop players, then recruits will come

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back