Recruiting Forum Football Talk III

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just not a fan of someone trying to reinvent the wheel with a freakish defense

if we get him I’ll start believing he’s ahead of his time and a real trail blazer but for now I think that Texas and LSU passing is a red flag. Texas wasn’t able to hire a big name either
On the bright side, he led quick defensive turnarounds at SDSU and MSST, so if he’s recreating the wheel, at least it seems to not be impossible to learn.

I’m just so done with the standard 4-3, 3-4 looks. I’d be very excited about a guy who makes his living with a run-stopping 4-2-5 or 3-3-5.

Valid considerations.

I’m willing to give him a pass on SC. I think he built some solid defenses at UF. That wasn't 2005.

We just had what had been considered one of the best DC’s in the nation. We had one year where we sort of did okay on D.

In 2016/17 we hired a top 25 DC in Bob Shoop. That didn’t really work out all that well. He went to MSU and then had the #1 D in the Nation in 2018. The next year it dropped to #73.

The point is it’s more about the jimmies and joes. If you got ‘em then you can do good. If not, then no.

I think it’s a bit easier to recruit to UT than SC so I still think Boom would be a good hire.

Plus he is as Alpha as they come and he’s unemployed and would be drawing supplemental pay from SC.

My only issue with Steele is his connection to Fulmer. I would be concerned about that given Fulmer’s reputation. jmo.
Looking back...I think Wilcox did the best job of getting decent results out of less talent than anybody we have had in a long time. He was extremely underrated and unappreciated by us, and his leaving and the subsequent disastrous hire of Sunseri destroyed Doofus UT career. (Well that plus the fact he thought it was a good idea to forego OL recruiting for a whole cycle)

So uhh didn’t know this but Angelina Brummett who is coming as our Director of On-Campus Recruiting was also a UT Grad just like Lawson. *Not to mention she is light on the eyes.....

She worked with our Football Program under Butch.

View attachment 347728

I could be off base but we heard often that Pruitts recruiting staff was pretty unorganized when it came to unofficial and official visits. I recall several stories coming out. I don’t recall that with Butch. It always sounded like we did good job under Butch rolling out the red carpet. I think there was a mixup with Fields but at time he wasn’t really on anyone’s radar.

Just not a fan of someone trying to reinvent the wheel with a freakish defense

if we get him I’ll start believing he’s ahead of his time and a real trail blazer but for now I think that Texas and LSU passing is a red flag. Texas wasn’t able to hire a big name either
It’s not reinventing the wheel.... it’s just adapting a defense to the majority of the kind of offenses that teams run nowadays.

Muschamp can eat a whole bag of penor. No thanks, everything about that dude pisses me off. His pseudo tough guy cabbaga patch mean faces when he's a head shorter than all his players.

Just not a fan of that "intensity" on the sidelines. Feel like he's a negative cloud in every program he's been in, and most the time his DC numbers weren't that good to begin with. Steele improved Auburn by almost a TD in points allowed when he replace Muschamp.

On the bright side, he led quick defensive turnarounds at SDSU and MSST, so if he’s recreating the wheel, at least it seems to not be impossible to learn.

I’m just so done with the standard 4-3, 3-4 looks. I’d be very excited about a guy who makes his living with a run-stopping 4-2-5 or 3-3-5.

Those San Diego State defenses were nasty! I play college fantasy football and picked up their defense on more than one occasion.

Reactions: Sleegro

I’d prefer an 11-0 system where we line up and lock arms across the field. À la a Red Rover scheme.

Same. Muschamp fully focused on defense would be really good. I don’t think he wants any part of calling defense on other end of fastest offense though. Also would think TRob wouldn’t have took another job already either since those two are tied to hip.

Those Saban disciples don't play well with others outside of the family tree. Do not see him coming to Knoxville with an outsider when he can hang out in Athens for a couple of years with his pal Kirby, all while collecting his buyout from USC.

Much rather have WillM than Arnett and it isn’t close

Hot name on the rise vs. the SEC vet. I’m not sure I have a preference between those two.

I think Muschamp would definitely be a shot in the arm for recruiting, but I always thought he was pretty overrated as DC. Seems like his run at Texas was particularly meh iirc.

Which defense would be most complimentary to Huepel’s offense?

DM3_BRATT_CA_RD_03.jpg
EtOjTNWWgAMoroe

Hot name on the rise vs. the SEC vet. I’m not sure I have a preference between those two.

I think Muschamp would definitely be a shot in the arm for recruiting, but I always thought he was pretty overrated as DC. Seems like his run at Texas was particularly meh iirc.

Which defense would be most complimentary to Huepel’s offense?
The one that has been scheming against Mike Leach every week in practice for the last year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back