Recruiting Forum Football Talk III

Status
Not open for further replies.
Trey Smith doing really well at senior bowl. Todd Mcshay saying he would be #1 interior OL if not for blood clots. Also said he is most physically imposing
I realize that Trey will prob have to deal with blood clots the rest of his life but he has played enough football since his diagnosis to prove that he has it under control. I don't think it should affect his draft status that much. Prob will though. Whoever drafts him is getting top 15 talent. I'd be willing to bet that Trey plays a long and full NFL career.

Was Fulmer up to something? Hiring Steele made no sense at the time, and even less now. Tee seems devastated that he did not get the HC job. Did Fulmer have a vision of Tee as HC, Steele as DC, and Chaney as OC? Was he hoping that he could convince the new AD that most of the staff needed were in place, and under contract already? Maybe he told Tee what he was up to and that is why Tee is so disappointed? His Hail Mary at preserving his legacy? Maybe I'm just making something out of nothing.
I don't think you're making something out of nothing. I think you're 100% dead on.

As the internal investigation wore on, common sense told Phil that it could lead to Pruitt, and potentially himself, being forced out. In the event of that, he brought on Steele and led Tee to believe that he would have a job on a new coaching staff, even if Phil wasn't there himself to make it happen. So he signed Steele to a 2-year deal so he'd be tied up in a contract. Made promises to Tee that a new AD might feel compelled to keep to a VFL.

I think he was intentionally creating a dynamic where even if he was forced out, he could have allies who remained and could exert influence over. It wasn't a foolproof plan, because he knew that a new AD/HC could come in and bring in all new people (as seems to be the case), but he figured he'd give it the old college try. Phil is a master political player. A much better politician than he is football coach.

Swain said this morning that a previous staff member is pushing our players to OU because he’s using them to try to get hired there
Well, we can eliminate Pruitt, Ansley, Jay, Nieds, Felton and Friend. I doubt it's Chaney. That leaves Tee and Osovet, of the coaching staff. Of course if he said "staff member", it could be someone behind the scenes. I really hope it's not Tee or Coach Os.

Bulldog Buddy of mine said (re: Arnett):

“Jeez. What a whore. He’s interviewed with half the league.”
:):):):):):) Man, I really like that statement. These coaches are just looking for the best fit for their families. I hope Arnett's best fit is Knoxville. It's way better than Starkville Mississippi

Reactions: HankHill
Swain also said that one thing that worries him about Huepel’s offense is that it doesn’t produce NFL receivers. He said guys will put up a lot of numbers, but that they won’t be developed because they will mainly be running quick slants and screens but won’t be learning the entire route tree. Is that true?

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back