Recruiting Forum Football Talk III

Status
Not open for further replies.
Swain also said that one thing that worries him about Huepel’s offense is that it doesn’t produce NFL receivers. He said guys will put up a lot of numbers, but that they won’t be developed because they will mainly be running quick slants and screens but won’t be learning the entire route tree. Is that true?
Swain didn't like the hire and i can see him being negative toward it for personal reasons.

Just put Gabe Davis in last year. He had a good rookie season. There's probably 3 guys on last year's team that will have a shot. That's a pretty silly take.
It’s a terrible take. Gabriel Davis and trequan smith have been eating. Not to mention Jordan Akins who is basically a WR playing TE

Swain didn't like the hire and i can see him being negative toward it for personal reasons.
I listened to him this morning and he remained very professional. No problem if he doesn’t like the hire. If you think it’s personal because of Tee, he addressed that situation beautifully. I don’t always agree with Swain but on this, no issue with him.

Swain also said that one thing that worries him about Huepel’s offense is that it doesn’t produce NFL receivers. He said guys will put up a lot of numbers, but that they won’t be developed because they will mainly be running quick slants and screens but won’t be learning the entire route tree. Is that true?

Doesn't stop the NFL from drafting Bama players that bust at the next level. I don't care what Swain says....guys like Hyatt are going to kill in this scheme and get drafted. Well, I think they will lol.

He's definitely picking it apart and nitpicking the offense. Questioned the size of the OL, even though that was shown to him to be incorrect. Questioned the ability of our DL to be prepared going against that smaller OL (even though they aren't smaller). Questioned the route tree of the receivers also

Heupel has such an opportunity to create a foundation for future success. That '22 in state class is LOADED with offensive talent. Ty, Horton, Hayden, and others could absolutely shine in this offense. He MUST land them. Has to.
Miller seemed amped about Heupel and this offense. I would go ahead and pencil him in.....fingers crossed.
Hayden's dad seemed to like him so hopefully that ends up working out. There's 2 of the top 10, I think.

Heupel has such an opportunity to create a foundation for future success. That '22 in state class is LOADED with offensive talent. Ty, Horton, Hayden, and others could absolutely shine in this offense. He MUST land them. Has to.

Simpson and Hayden have to look at this system and just smile. It's a no brainer and I know we all hate having to keep saying it but the opportunity is there....

The Tee Martin story was wild to me. I love Tee for what he's done as a player, but thinking he deserved the HC job borders on trust fund kid levels of entitlement. I understand he was Ast HC, but man, you were a position coach. And by all accounts not a very good one. I'd rather Jay Graham be HC over Tee Martin. Anyway. Nothing to do but shrug and move on over that one.
he did nothing. He expected to be worshipped for name and 22 yrs ago

Reactions: tnvols72
Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back