Recruiting Forum Football Talk III

Status
Not open for further replies.
Found my first poster to put on ignore. I can find the positive in anything.
EasyNecessaryBaldeagle-small.gif

Zack Arnett would be an excellent hire. It would help players like Harrison, Beasley, and McCollough. He runs a defense that is effective against today’s offenses. Shoot clemson has mostly gone to a 3-3-5 as well.
Then for craps sake, let's please use some of that FU money we saved on Heupel, and pay the dang man and whoever he wants on staff. Coordinators are mercenaries...(well..except for Clemsons cult followers that Dabo has hypnotized or something)...They go where the money is.

I think recruiting to UT is so overblown. I see folks here and on VQ worried about this staff being able to recruit. When hasn’t UT recruited well? I’ve been following recruiting very closely since 2009. We’ve had some bad coaches lately and how many times have we not finished in the top 25? 15? 10? 5?

Butch Jones had TWO top 5 classes. But he couldn’t develop and coach. If not for Dobbs he would have had zero success at UT.

Recruiting has been fine. You know what hasn’t been good? Developers of talent, coaches that know how to scheme for their roster and their opponents.

Our new coach has a pretty good track record of developing QB’s, scoring a ton of points and winning games. I can promise you if he does that at UT recruiting will be as good as we’ve seen in awhile.

You know what the common thread is between each hire the last 15 years? Each time we've said, "It can't get any worse". Somehow, it seems it keeps getting worse.

I mean we only averaged 21.5 ppg last year the year before that was like 24.3 ppg and the year before that was 22 ppg.

We can’t do any worse than that. Teams averaged 30ppg on us last year. There is no way it can get worse..... Most double digit losses in UT history.....

Man, Ty needs to get in the boat for UT. Hopefully Heupel has already reached out, getting that elite QB committed will help start the class off right.
i would be absolutely shocked if he didn't call him yesterday....or prior to even.

Martinez would be a Weinke equivalent, just on D instead of O. CJH needs to resist any urge he has to hire him.

There is a lot of history with him so feel free to check it out yourselves. There are good reasons the guy who was formerly at UGA and UT no longer is and finds employment with G5's. Where he does not do well either FWIW.

Then for craps sake, let's please use some of that FU money we saved on Heupel, and pay the dang man and whoever he wants on staff. Coordinators are mercenaries...(well..except for Clemsons cult followers that Dabo has hypnotized or something)...They go where the money is.
prolly the plan.

Dabo’s Cult has a better ring to it than Clemson’s Cult. Or maybe the Branch Daboians?

I'm not a person that likes to be negative, but I'm still struggling to be positive about this hire. I honestly hope it works out, we desperately need for it to work out, but I'm still filled with a sense of dread. My BVS is at Defcon 2.

Before anyone bashes my opinion, I'm just being honest about how I feel. I would love to say this hire gives me the warm fuzzies, but that would be a lie. I get JH has a high-power offense, but I'm worried about the defense and recruiting.

You should accept that the defense is going to be hard to watch for awhile..it will be young, raw, thin and with big holes at several spots.

That was going to be true no matter who got the job.

I'm not a person that likes to be negative, but I'm still struggling to be positive about this hire. I honestly hope it works out, we desperately need for it to work out, but I'm still filled with a sense of dread. My BVS is at Defcon 2.

Before anyone bashes my opinion, I'm just being honest about how I feel. I would love to say this hire gives me the warm fuzzies, but that would be a lie. I get JH has a high-power offense, but I'm worried about the defense and recruiting.

Screen-Shot-2020-02-05-at-9.50.53-AM.png
This guy would destroy the 2020 team right now,, if he can get it rolling, we're gonna be just fine

Reactions: nicksjuzunk
Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back