Recruiting Forum Football Talk III

Status
Not open for further replies.
Every receiver. People always notice the speed guys making big plays but the big possession guys are normally the leading receiver. Gabe Davis in 18 and 19. Marlon Williams in 20. Ironically Brandon Johnson would probably have had a huge year in it.
It is why he transferred there. I hate that for him

Reactions: Sleegro

EDuyHhUX4AUVhtI.jpeg

Looking at Mizzou’s 2016 schedule, it looks like Heupel’s offense racked up a ton of points/yards against cupcake teams, but did little against the SEC teams, so there’s more to it than just looking at the overall offense rankings year to year. 2017 is basically the same story, maybe only slighty better. I know some Mizzou fans and most of them back this up and were unimpressed with CJH’s offense there.

Well fans are totally nonbiased and usually dead on accurate 😂 Who did most of people want to hire here Kiffin? Freeze? Jeff Fisher?

I don't think so. I think it was Heuple since before White was hired. All the other stuff was window dressing. I know I sound like a tinfoil hat guy right now but I believe this has been in the works for weeks.

You're right that it was orchestrated. They kept people in the dark that generally have input.

While there was basic agreement on the profile, there were some angles. Boyd wanted the biggest fish, Plowman pushed for a diversity hire and DW had the most to gain by a comfort hire. Compton generally sides with Boyd. To promote this as a national search-- which technically it was-- they paid Parker to spread the net, run point and collect the no's. There was always going to be a shortlist and a short search, with the floor predetermined and a high probability of getting there fast.

+1 from me on Arnett for DC. Got looks from ND, LSU, and Texas a few weeks ago. Apparently some questions about his performance in the interview process, but he runs the kind of defense for the modern game, and already knows what it is like to be on a team where the offense is going to put stress on their own defense like Leach does.

Agree. Football has evolved into a backyard type of game....with defensive players playing a finesse style more similar to basketball than the old days of physical ground and pound football.

Unless there's a personal relationship, it sometimes starts and ends with the rep. They do a temperature check with the agent or attorney; if there's no interest, they usually move on down the list unless they think they can bring something else to the table. I think Campbell and Fickell were non-starters.

You guys need me for an AD. Give me FU money and I might be able to hire whoever we want. Please note I consider FU money to be limitless. To Campbell in my first contact I would have offered 13m/year and told him I'm prepared to triple the salaries of each and every one of his 10 assistants. You wanna talk? He and his staff would be the highest paid in all of college football. We get our man and the stories written would be different. Oh, and by the way, my salary as AD, I'm willing to keep it in the mid 6 figures. I have investment income. I got the idea we were offering maybe 7 or 8 to Franklin. We were already spending 6+ on staff plus Pruitt at 4+. I'm saying if you want a top hire to Tennessee we're going to have to pay Jimbo bucks. Go from 11/year total to 25/year total. That's my definition of FU money. I think they either didn't really try or we just have a different definition of FU money. Maybe they would be embarrassed to been seen throwing that kind of money around. Wouldn't bother me one bit. I'm used to spending hundreds of millions of other peoples (corporations) money on a yearly basis. I'm good at it and I am 100% committed to getting the job done. That's why people (corporations) paid me so well.

I really hope JH brings Elarbee to coach OL. I think OL coach is the most important assistant hire of them all. They are the ones installing the run game most of the time and having chemistry and familiarity with the play call is so important.
Had no awareness of him...not sure why. He coached up those Mizzou OL’s that were frustrating because they were low rated out of HS but mauled the bejesus out of us! 😢

Man, Haynesworth is a joke...also for what it's worth he ran a go fund me when he was having some medical issues, in short I don't think he's got much money left to his name.

His support for UT football has likely been taking advantage of the freebies offered as a VFL, don't know if he's ever donated or even bought season tickets if I'm honest.

Had no awareness of him...not sure why. He coached up those Mizzou OL’s that were frustrating because they were low rated out of HS but mauled the bejesus out of us! 😢
I like him a lot and i can’t wait to see our OL next year. Plays will be designed to get the ball out quick and they were already very good in pass pro. I think we could have a legit great pass blocking OL in 2021. I think it will help cade more than anyone.

Agree. Football has evolved into a backyard type of game....with defensive players playing a finesse style more similar to basketball than the old days of physical ground and pound football.

Agree on this, plus we aren’t in a position to run pro style play action type offenses. Elite recruiting schools can run whatever kind of scheme because they have elite athletes. Even still Bama and these other schools are having to spread it out and throw and use mobile QBs. It’s prevalent in the NFL now too.

Reactions: Pacer92
+1 from me on Arnett for DC. Got looks from ND, LSU, and Texas a few weeks ago. Apparently some questions about his performance in the interview process, but he runs the kind of defense for the modern game, and already knows what it is like to be on a team where the offense is going to put stress on their own defense like Leach does.
I like it, I just think we will need to fork up some serious money for position coaches with deep recruiting ties in GA, FL, and the Carolinas.

Young guy. His first year as DC at San Diego At he had the 32nd ranked defense. The next year he had the 2nd ranked. Cut his teeth in the SEC at Miss St last year. He knows what it's like coaching D for a pass happy play caller in a major confrence. Maybe we need a young defensive mind to compete with the new wave of offense
Sounds like a good fit

Reactions: SweetasSoda
This OL isn't an awful group of men to start building with, a few of the guys may not have gotten much PT under a Pruitt regime cause they weren't big enough (in his eyes) to be SEC linemen. But may flourish in an uptempo system with more agility required.
1611844462573.png

Jackson Lampley - 4*
Cooper Mays - 4*
Jerome Carvin - 4*
Cade Mays - 5*

Not sure if Wright is staying or leaving, I know Wanya & Jahmir are transferring out (or last I saw they were)

Tee needs to go get a OC job where he is the sole play caller or get a head coaching job at a smaller program and work his way up. He is delusional. We shouldn't be competing with South Alabama for head coaching candidates.
The fact that Phil Fulmer supposedly made such a promise to him is absurd. If true, I'm shocked Fulmer ever succeeded here. How out-of-touch can someone be?

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back