Recruiting Forum Football Talk III

Status
Not open for further replies.
Who was the QB the year before he got there? Wondering if Lock was his first QB.

Drew Lock both seasons

Lock before Heupel:
49% 1332 yds 4 tds 8 ints

Lock with Heupel:
2016 - 54.6% 3399 yds 23 tds 10 ints
2017 - 57.8% 3964 yds 44 tds 13 ints

Lock post Heupel: (Dooley)
2018 - 62.9% 3498 yds 28 tds 8 ints

He had Mizzou humming:
2015- 165.5 passing yds 115.4 rushing yards 280.9 total and 13.6 PPG
2016- 295.4 passing yds 205.1 rushing yards 500.5 total and 31.4 PPG (1k rusher)
2017- 308.6 passing yds 194.5 rushing yards 503.2 total and 37.5 PPG (1k rusher)

2018- 279.4 passing yds 202.4 rushing yards 481.8 total and 36.6 PPG

Well saying White passed on Elliot may not be true. Elliot had already turned down two offers to the NFL. Personally, I wouldn't want to come to a toxic place for my first HC either. I would want a fighting chance for my first time. lol

I didn't say White passed on Elliott, was saying I'm not sure why Elliott would pass on us.

I really hope JH brings Elarbee to coach OL. I think OL coach is the most important assistant hire of them all. They are the ones installing the run game most of the time and having chemistry and familiarity with the play call is so important.
Elarbee is a Middle Tennessee grad and while at Missouri recruited Tennessee and Georgia.

We need him to come along.

Looking at Mizzou’s 2016 schedule, it looks like Heupel’s offense racked up a ton of points/yards against cupcake teams, but did little against the SEC teams, so there’s more to it than just looking at the overall offense rankings year to year. 2017 is basically the same story, maybe only slighty better. I know some Mizzou fans and most of them back this up and were unimpressed with CJH’s offense there.

My Missouri buddies say the problem was Odom hiring his buddies on the defensive side and letting them run it into the ground while he tried to figure out how to be a HC. Sounds kind of familiar..

Is he good?
Young guy. His first year as DC at San Diego At he had the 32nd ranked defense. The next year he had the 2nd ranked. Cut his teeth in the SEC at Miss St last year. He knows what it's like coaching D for a pass happy play caller in a major confrence. Maybe we need a young defensive mind to compete with the new wave of offense

+1 from me on Arnett for DC. Got looks from ND, LSU, and Texas a few weeks ago. Apparently some questions about his performance in the interview process, but he runs the kind of defense for the modern game, and already knows what it is like to be on a team where the offense is going to put stress on their own defense like Leach does.

Can someone send me a screenshot of that deleted post in a private message? I was busy working today (after the neglect of the last two days.)
I have it but you really don't want to see it. If any of it is true, it made no sense to post the information and then to try to bring another sport into all of this. It was just a stupid thing for him to post.

Reactions: SmokinBob
Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back