Recruiting Forum Football Talk III

Status
Not open for further replies.
I posted earlier that I thought I recalled him leaving Mt with some sort of player abuse scandal.

Heard anything about that ?
Nothing that I've ever heard about.

I know he was on their list for OC (they just hired Kansas' OC as @Ace mentioned), so if there was a history of something like that, I doubt they would want to bring him back.

Reactions: Sleegro
I added this to my last post

if you believe White fed VQ the franklin stuff then you also have to believe he fed them the Jh stuff. Hard to accept that as possible
Not really. The Heuple stuff could have been from staff that were getting ready. Lots of possibilities for leaks there with thumbs and crew with relationships there.

Drew Lock both seasons

Lock before Heupel:
49% 1332 yds 4 tds 8 ints

Lock with Heupel:
2016 - 54.6% 3399 yds 23 tds 10 ints
2017 - 57.8% 3964 yds 44 tds 13 ints

Lock post Heupel: (Dooley)
2018 - 62.9% 3498 yds 28 tds 8 ints

He had Mizzou humming:
2015- 165.5 passing yds 115.4 rushing yards 280.9 total and 13.6 PPG
2016- 295.4 passing yds 205.1 rushing yards 500.5 total and 31.4 PPG (1k rusher)
2017- 308.6 passing yds 194.5 rushing yards 503.2 total and 37.5 PPG (1k rusher)

2018- 279.4 passing yds 202.4 rushing yards 481.8 total and 36.6 PPG

His Mizzou stats are getting a lot of attention, but I'm skeptical. I kept it simple and just looked at the scores of Mizzou's games for those two years. Only good win I saw was against Florida one year. All other games were HUGE blowouts against inferior teams, and not many points at all against good teams.

We should pump the brakes on these Mizzou stats. I think their skewed because of the huge blowouts. I saw they scored 70 in one game against a cupcake.

Now with that said, it will be nice to finally see us win big against teams we should beat.

Tee needs to go get a OC job where he is the sole play caller or get a head coaching job at a smaller program and work his way up. He is delusional. We shouldn't be competing with South Alabama for head coaching candidates.
I do not know if there is a HC who would hire him as a play calling OC. Looks like Fulmer has left a trail of broken hearts. DW and JH now have clean up duty.
There is probably another side to all this. There may be several power players involved, but a once proud football program has been crippled and we need JH to work a miracle.

Reactions: Sleegro
Looking at Mizzou’s 2016 schedule, it looks like Heupel’s offense racked up a ton of points/yards against cupcake teams, but did little against the SEC teams, so there’s more to it than just looking at the overall offense rankings year to year. 2017 is basically the same story, maybe only slighty better. I know some Mizzou fans and most of them back this up and were unimpressed with CJH’s offense there.

LSU was the only team in 2016 they didn't rack up 350+ total yards on, Odom taking over as HC and their defense falling apart was why those teams weren't more successful.

West Virginia: 11pts 462yds
Eastern Michigan: 61pts 647yds
Georgia: 27pts 471yds
Delaware State: 79pts 698yds
LSU: 7pts 265yds
Florida: 14pts 363yds
Middle Tenn: 45pts 629yds
Kentucky: 21pts 386yds
South Carolina: 21pts 465yds
Vanderbilt: 26pts 481yds
Tennessee: 37pts 740yds
Arkansas: 28pts 399yds

Reactions: Bassmaster_Vol
Haynesworth said it should have been the black man but instead we hired batman.
BTW Tee isn't qualified for the job.... look at our list of coaches that turned us down! Nothing had to do with race.
He once again embarrasses himself. My goodness.... Tony Elliot and James Franklin said no....
Tennessee is SYSTEMATICALLY RASICIST because a person of color didn't accept the job when offered.
607801ce-abf2-4222-a156-4f630aafde7c-1302E9A9-39D5-4ABA-803C-BCF5D0F01329.jpeg

Ess0ybtXUAIs79J
I'm going on record right now and set this dude straight-----UT did not hire me
Signed,
Batman1948

Reactions: VolsDoc81TX
The guy who benefited most from this head coaching hire was Jalin Hyatt. They're fixing to put him to work.
Every receiver. People always notice the speed guys making big plays but the big possession guys are normally the leading receiver. Gabe Davis in 18 and 19. Marlon Williams in 20. Ironically Brandon Johnson would probably have had a huge year in it.

His Mizzou stats are getting a lot of attention, but I'm skeptical. I kept it simple and just looked at the scores of Mizzou's games for those two years. Only good win I saw was against Florida one year. All other games were HUGE blowouts against inferior teams, and not many points at all against good teams.

We should pump the brakes on these Mizzou stats. I think their skewed because of the huge blowouts. I saw they scored 70 in one game against a cupcake.

Now with that said, it will be nice to finally see us win big against teams we should beat.
We have talent. It would be great to begin blowing out teams with inferior talent. It is a start.

Yeah, bit over the top.

However, it's not the O. It's the D. Creates extra possessions that leads to exploitation due to a lack of quality depth on D. Our starting secondary could not "contain" didly and we had next to zero pass rush. So we are talking track meet games until/if he can develop a contain D.

The day an AD starts kissing fans asses is the day he's done. That's almost laughable to even think that's his job. Are you posting drunk?
Nope and I don’t mean in terms of decision making/running the program. He shouldn’t be consulting us for that but a major part of his job is to appeal to us and keep us engaged. You don’t do that by trying to bully.

You do that by appealing to the fanbase, making smart decisions and yes, ass kissing. He’s a fluffer in that a major part of his job is to get folks excited for all of UTSports — to get us buying tickets, attending games, generating buzz/energy and promoting all things UT. If you want an example of that look at how Bruce Pearl interacted with fans and got students as well as casuals involved in basketball. He’s a textbook example of how you take a toxic and practically dead program and rally fans behind it. That is the positivity that White wants from us.

Well he needs to employ strategies that will work. Bruce didn’t demand students to come out. He went to every event on campus and made himself a part of it. He talked up his program and went out of his way to promote every other sport and activity on campus. Don’t let the bluntness of my words offend your sensibilities or confuse you. Perhaps you’d be more comfortable with terms like glad handing and kissing babies but it amounts to the same. You don’t make demands or try to browbeat people into submission. You become the example you want others to follow.

Reactions: SmokinBob
Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back