Recruiting Forum Football Talk III

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think we would all feel better about it if we had thought of it first. Seriously we collectively talked ourselves into almost every coach in the country in here except this guy. He was right under our nose the whole time.

His resume is good enough for this job. Wish we had landed Campbell specifically. But I'm at least glad we got a coach with some imagination on offense. That's a welcome change. He's got a lot of work to do but excited to watch our current players get a chance to thrive and have fun.

Ummm, ok... You got anything else that’s less obvious?
Uh...a ton of people will tell you that you must have some kind of "good culture" implemented first, and then only after that can you win.

Heupel can come in here and successfully institute some kind of culture here that is good and the players buy into, but if they still struggle, it won't matter.

Thank you all for being so positive. Just after all of the hype we have had the last week for all the big coaching names and we land on this guy, it has just felt underwhelming to me. I usually get super hyped after opening PCs, but I didn’t this time.

I am REALLY hoping this works out. This dude is an offensive wizard. Once we get that first good recruit or assistant hire I’ll probably flip like a switch and be all in. At least I hope

Btw I love all of you on here. We all have one common fandom and the same goals. We just need some wins! Go vols!🍊
You’re new, huh?

Reactions: KokoBVol
Everyone is waiting/hanging on to see who the OC and Defensive staff will be... I want to see warp speed with a centurion card flying around picking up the best... there, did I do that right?

Crappy D staff = 4-5 wins.... solid D staff who can recruit and develop = 7-8+ wins.

You think we are done giving out raises to UCF staff?

Just judging by some posts it definitely looks like some of these young offensive players love the hire. I really think this team will play better and harder for this next staff. Attitude change seems real. We'll see. Need a boost with Hayden and Simpson commitments though

I didn't say anything to ya after the hire cause I know we all need our time to get over the let down we all experienced. I had to get off last night and do some soul searching myself. lol I finally decided that this guy is willing to say yes to come and hopefully right the ship. Uproot his family and come to the lions den. lol So I decided to find out more about him and decided hey he the coach and I want to see UT finally get back to being good again. Yes, I have hoped that for 15 years now but I just can't give up. lol So any way I hope he wins all over and we fine that we got a jewel and he is here for several years to come but I do understand how you feel. By the way how is Dad doing?
Dad is not the best. Relying on oxygen more and more. Say a prayer for him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back