Recruiting Forum Football Talk III

Status
Not open for further replies.
How has Shaka Smart "changed Texas"? His best finish is tied for 3rd and he's finished with a winning conference record ONCE...his first year.
I was referring to style of play. Shaka has his own brand of basketball. It look they are finally playing like it in Austin. I was not referring to results.

Reactions: FBtime
One of the things he said in the presser today, I really liked because it was something that Mayo brought up. He wants the guys who’ve played here around the program and the guys. That’s a start on how to get the culture back to the old days, imo.
The biggest thing that improves culture is winning.

Most in here will disagree, but I think a good culture follows winning, not the other way around. Winning has a way of improving attitudes and getting people to like each other. The greatest thing that Heupel can do is come in here and have some early success on the field.

Reactions: Steelcurtain
So idk if this happens but
Graham stays on at running back
Osovet to WR
Tee stays on as Special teams coordinator
Whatever sort of voodoo football secret knowledge Osovet posesses for everyone wanting to keep him around, it's clear that coaching TE's is not part of that.

Graham and Steele are the only two coaches I'm interested in retaining.

Whatever sort of voodoo football secret knowledge Osovet posesses for everyone wanting to keep him around, it's clear that coaching TE's is not part of that.

Graham and Steele are the only two coaches I'm interested in retaining.
Part of my thoughts about Osovet is Heupel just interviewed him to coach WR at UCF before all this happened. Osovet is also a good recruiter for the NE region. But I agree coaching TE is not what he excels at

The biggest thing that improves culture is winning.

Most in here will disagree, but I think a good culture follows winning, not the other way around. Winning has a way of improving attitudes and getting people to like each other. The greatest thing that Heupel can do is come in here and have some early success on the field.
Ummm, ok... You got anything else that’s less obvious?

Reactions: jakez4ut
Texas was happy to get rid of Barnes. I don’t want to explain everything, cause I’m stoned. Just join me man, I was on the fence, and I’m the biggest hard head on this board.

Not letting the train leave without my homie goose
We were also happy when DeBord left, or Rocker, or whatever. Sometimes you don't know what you got until it's gone.
Cincy fans were happy about Butch leaving so yeah I get that concern. But even Butch was close to breaking out here and having a huge season. Just coached too scared in 2015 (which JH certainly won't do) and made a huge error in changing the Strength staff (which had done an awesome job, in 2015 we went toe to toe with everyone)
We have been happy after a coach has left several times in the past 10 years, it usually doesn't go well for us.
A lot of us were happy when we gave the AD job to Fulmer. We saw how that turned out.

Thank you all for being so positive. Just after all of the hype we have had the last week for all the big coaching names and we land on this guy, it has just felt underwhelming to me. I usually get super hyped after opening PCs, but I didn’t this time.

I am REALLY hoping this works out. This dude is an offensive wizard. Once we get that first good recruit or assistant hire I’ll probably flip like a switch and be all in. At least I hope

Btw I love all of you on here. We all have one common fandom and the same goals. We just need some wins! Go vols!🍊

Honestly, I'm not upset at all. My apathy has set in 100%. I realize we could beat one of the teams I've listed but I also realize we could lose to one that I've listed as a win. I really think that 5-7 is a realistic number. I'm not even upset at the hire. It is what it is. Maybe he was the best we could do. Nothing I can do about it. I certainly hope he doesn't fail, hoping otherwise would be stupid. I just have zero confidence that he will get it done here.

I didn't say anything to ya after the hire cause I know we all need our time to get over the let down we all experienced. I had to get off last night and do some soul searching myself. lol I finally decided that this guy is willing to say yes to come and hopefully right the ship. Uproot his family and come to the lions den. lol So I decided to find out more about him and decided hey he the coach and I want to see UT finally get back to being good again. Yes, I have hoped that for 15 years now but I just can't give up. lol So any way I hope he wins all over and we fine that we got a jewel and he is here for several years to come but I do understand how you feel. By the way how is Dad doing?

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back