Recruiting Forum Football Talk III

Status
Not open for further replies.
He said, "One of his players came in tonight."

Kamara recently tweeted he had some ideas he wanted to discuss with DW when he was hired..

By gawd, that's Sean Payton music.
Who was it that made that joke. A week or so ago in here?
That would literally break CFB. But im not sure if he would want to recruit.

2, 1, 7, 4 the last 4 seasons he's been the HC recruiting there in conference, they oddly enough get a lot of transfers. 2020 when they finished 7th in conference they had 20 enrollees and 3 transfers (prior year it was 22/9). So they slipped a bit, but it appears to be because they had less turnover and with COVID happening that makes sense.

Also for what it's worth the 2020 class had a high enough player rating to finish 4th in conference, but a few teams ahead of them had more players enrolled so they ended up with more points. This is all pulled from the 24/7 rankings, so may vary on other websites.

The schools that seem to do as well or better are Cincinnati and Memphis. SMU also pops up high on a consistent basis, doesn't surprise me though Memphis has benefited from Vandy/UT/Miss St/Ole Miss/Ark all being bad and SMU is in Dallas, Texas.

The AAC is probably the strongest non P5 conference in the G5 too, hell they may be a better conference right now than the Pac-12 even, at least top to bottom. Ya got some solid teams in some great locations.

Houston, SMU, Memphis, Cincinnati, UCF, USF, East Carolina & Tulane are all in great states for recruiting.
So they recruit and compete at a level at or near the top of thier conference.

1611724515967.gif

AP is a such a damn clown! You can’t say “people read and hear what that want to read and hear” when your headline is as follows:

🚨Breaking: Josh Heupel emerging as top candidate for Vols.🚨

the dude is trying to drive up clicks. He said Sonny Dykes name kept popping up yesterday and kept saying Kevin Steele and Tony Elliott, the dude is a fraud reporter, if you can even call him that. He’s just trying to drum up attention from vol fans. It’s all a ruse. Notice no other media outlet reported that. Just these lame ass pay sites. That’s why I’ll never pay for that crap. This place has more info than any of those places and it’s free.

Who was it that made that joke. A week or so ago in here?
That would literally break CFB. But im not sure if he would want to recruit.
Honestly, a new era of football is about to begin in NO. No real direction atm with their QB situation. I could see him looking for a way out while his stock is high.

Not sure if its been discussed but Heupel is following a significant amount of UT players on Twitter. Any of you guys that follow recruiting know if UCF recruited Wideman, McCullough, Young, Beckwith or Lane? There are even more of our players following him. Mauer, Middleton, Slaughter. Not necessarily a smoking gun but thought it might shed some light.

I'd venture to guess a lot of people are victims of confirmation bias in here. Have you all even watched his team play? Tell me you wouldn't want to watch us sling it all over the yard like this.

[VIDEO=]

After watching this if we do hire Heupel he better bring the hurry up and I wouldn't mind him bringing his QB. Dude has moxie can run and has an arm.

It's completely possible that IF Heupel were the hire he could come here and tear it up, with the right staff. It still doesn't change we were fed a bunch of BS by university leaders IF he is the hire. That, to me, just highlights further dysfunction in the upper levels of our university leadership. It's been one, if not THE, biggest problem we've been facing for the last 15 years. We need competent leaders that can and will do what they say they're gonna do, and IF Heupel is the hire, that tells me we still do not have that.
I guess I don't really remember what they said maybe. All I remember was experience at hc with clean record. Which he is. Was there something else?

Reactions: seaofORANGE22
Much rather get Elliot...I live in Greenville and Clemson friends were texting me worried about us taking Elliot all day. Nothing but good stuff about him from their end.

Reactions: Scvol7906
Wow. Sonny Dykes and Josh Heupel all in one day. I don't know if I can take much more of this absurdity. Hopefully, I do not wake up tomorrow to read that we just offered Skip Holz the job.

I agree sir/ma'am.. This is an underrated comment my fellow Vols fans. I actually laughed because of how accurate this is currently.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back