Recruiting Forum Football Talk III

Status
Not open for further replies.
Again, Heupel is not the end of the world, but he is also less than what university leaders told us to expect. You act as if there isn't reason to be disappointed. There is. It was Boyd and Plowman who raised expectations with their pretty talk about how great we would be and what we would get in our next coach. They failed to deliver what they said they would.

Also, I'd be remiss if I didn't mention a coach that beat that "buzzsaw" BYU team...:)
I’m disappointed. But we cant make Campbell and others say yes. Again, i believe they tried. If one of the top offensive head coaches in college football is where we have fallen too then it could’ve been a lot worse. I’m okay with this pending his DC hire

Is anything really going to change in 10 months, though? It may take 2 or 3 years before we know exactly what the NCAA is going to do to us. Plus it will be almost impossible to recruit with an interim coach. If we're going to go the Steele route, we need to remove the interim tag and just make it a cheap, easy contract to get out of.
If the NCAA won’t punish UNC BBall, LSU BBall, and other egregious offenders that I haven’t mentioned, we shouldn’t accept punishment from them. Just for consistencies sake. F the NCAA.

That’s what I’m saying.... lord help us if he turns us down.
Valid point with where this would be headed. But why is kiffin, freeze, chadwell not DW fall back options. If we got to a point where Huepel turned us down you have 3 proven head coaches that would crawl so Knoxville. But they won’t do it

Reactions: Vol17222
The initial shock bothered me and obviously I would rather have Freeze or Chadwell. After a little research, resume is not bad. I was good with Tony Elliott, but Heupels resume looks better. It’s also much better than Dykes. Could be a lot worse and I assure you if he starts putting up points, recruiting will take care of itself.

I could be very wrong about JH. But we’ve gambled on every coach since Fulmer got fired. How is this any different? The odds are stacked against JH. That’s why everyone wanted a proven HC with P5 experience who has built a program.

I didn’t say anything because I’m not in love with Fleck either, but I was worried that we probably shouldn’t turn our nose up at him.

The funny thing is, I’d probably be relieved if someone like Jon Gilbert had landed on Heupel. But I had WAY higher expectations of White.

One of them you just cant bring in with the NCAA stuff he has behind him. Its not a good look, sanctions are already going to be bad enough it would get to the point the AA would have no choice but to SMU us if he was caught doing anything.
The other guy, 1 im not convinced he actually wants to be here, 2 he is too big of a flight risk.
Chadwell, this isn't the time and place, let him stay at CC continue to learn or go somewhere else. He has never been at a top program the last thing you want to do is bring him in under sanctions and kill his career before it ever gets started. In 3-4 years after we find out what the AA stuff is he would be a better option.
Heupel needs to be a guy that can stay here 4-5 years and stabilize things, and with his past relationship with DW I think he will be.
Life’s too short for a stabilizer. Instant gratification please. Not concerned how a good coach looks. Concerned about the W’s...

Reactions: Tnfan41
Yeah...UCF fans done gone full delusional.

The program has always recruited in the 60s, they had one year when it hit 55...

15: 0-12
16: 6-7
17: 13-0
18: 12-1
19: 10-3
20: 6-4

That's how recently they were a winless program. Florida might be a fertile state, but ya got FSU, Miami, Florida, USF, FAU, & FIU...that's just the other FBS -in- state competition, plus Georgia, Alabama, Clemson, and most the good teams in the south east. Only so many players to go around.

This is why I would love to have a guy who REALLY wants to be here. Not saying heupel wouldnt be happy to come, but we know of 2 guys, which are good coaches, WANT the job and will deal with the baggage on the horizon.
If Fleck won't leave Minnesota to come here, Kiffin ain't leaving Ole Miss to come here. I don't care what he likes on Twitter.

As far as Freeze, if he isn't on the list he isn't on the list. The NCAA isn't going to show up to play, and I don't think we roll with Hugh just because he committed breaking and entering on Neyland stadium one time.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back