Recruiting Forum Football Talk III

Status
Not open for further replies.
Herman sitting out there with no buyout and nothing to do

I’d be shocked if he’d take the job. He’s getting one more shot at being a HC and can’t screw it up. This job is just hiring a guy that’s likely to fail and he needs to be more picky and choosy than that next cycle

I’d be shocked if he’d take the job. He’s getting one more shot at being a HC and can’t screw it up. This job is just hiring a guy that’s likely to fail and he needs to be more picky and choosy than that next cycle
Basilio said the word around him is he needs to go to a mid major and learn to play well with others

There's not many realistic options that we have out there that are offensive geniuses, great recruiters, HC experience, SEC experience, good W/L ratio, don't have a colorful past and would want to come to UT. We are likely going to have to settle on someone in at least one of those categories.

Also, couldn't DW just be putting his homies name out there to help him out. It could help JH land a bigger gig next year just because we "considered" him. I think we end up with Jason Candle since we haven't heard his name.

Bama when Saban took over compared to UT currently are not even in the same universe in terms of roster talent and recent W/L records, to name a few things. Apples to oranges.
I can’t believe people still compare our situation to Bama pre-Saban. Shula won 10 games the year before he was fired. We haven’t had double digit wins since Fulmer was roaming the sideline during the George W Bush administration. Mike Dubose won the freaking SEC championship. Right smack in the middle of their supposed “dark days”. I hate them with all my heart but Bama has never been in the same universe close to dumpster fire that we are now. I cringe when I hear UT fans compare Bama from Stallings to Shula to any thing even close to what we are going through now.

Last edited:
Reactions: SoilVol
I think what makes this whole thing so frustrating is that once again the fans are scapegoated as being unreasonable, toxic, and delusional about the state of the program.

Did we all hope for a few days that MAYBE the talk about $8 million per year would lure us a slam dunk hire? Of course. But, the fact is there are a few coaches out there that we KNOW would take the job in a heartbeat that weren't offered before Josh Freaking Heupel.

You cannot convince me that Jamey Chadwell said no. I don't believe it. The guy is an East Tennessee native making crumbs at Coastal. He would crawl on broken glass to accept this job and I think the fanbase would rally around him and get excited about it. There are other obvious names as well, like Kiffin and Freeze, but we knew those were long shots.

It's just that Heupel reeks as a lazy hire by an AD that just got a fat paycheck to come here and make the ONE hire that the fanbase really cares about. And he botched it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back