Recruiting Forum Football Talk III

Status
Not open for further replies.
With a JH and a Steele/Odom type hire as DC, they would be putting an 8-4 team on the field at stabilization. If you want to go 4-4 in the SEC on average every year - have at it. Like someone else posted, probably a more updated version of Mike Leake, only without the comedy gold.

I've got better things to do with what time I have left on this planet. That type thinking is not what was stated in the presser at all. I will watch like I do now as it is convenient and not plug into the program like I wanted. Can always watch replays to enjoy the disfunction. I mean who honestly believes Josh Heupel can beat Saban, Fisher, Smart, Ogre, Mullen, etc. Scott Frost, maybe, but not Josh Heupel.

Martinez was run out of here with Jancek. He's had good and bad years, plays a lot of zone. If he came you would be looking at a contain D even under Steele. Top half of the SEC though, IMO. I doubt Odom would leave Arky for this mess.

Let's wait and see if JH shows up at the podium. Not buying it until I read the national guys releasing it first.

Between the SDS dudes saying we are hiring Steele, and this Huepel news tonight, we are looking at two scenarios...

1) we are getting Huepel as HC and Steele as DC. We keep Jay and bring on Garner, then we have a staff we can work with.

2) These are all smokescreens and we don’t know anything and won’t until right before the presser.

This is moot if I missed the Feldman/Lowe confirmation.

Obviously, if he's the hire, I hope he kills it.
But Bama sucked, was under sanctions and wrote a big old check to get Saban.
I'm not sure I buy the "no one would come here" as much as I do " no one would come here for what we offered them".

Bama when Saban took over compared to UT currently are not even in the same universe in terms of roster talent and recent W/L records, to name a few things. Apples to oranges.

Reactions: SweetasSoda
So sad!...freeze wants to be here.
Finebaum spoke some pity on freeze today. Said he personally knows he would crawl from Liberty to Knoxville if it meant he got the job. And was actually sincere about the comments. I truly believe he could have been a needed jolt to bring life back to the program. Instead we went unflavored gelatin. Life of a vol fan right?

If Heupel is the hire, it would be nice if we somehow got his QB at UCF.

CMP ATT CMP% YDS AVG TD INT LNG RTG
248 413 60.0 3,570 8.6 32 4 93 156.3
236 398 59.3 3,653 9.2 29 7 75 156.9

He would get killed in the SEC. He's completion percentagw would be closer to 50 than 60 and he would average less than 10 yards a completion against confrence teams.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back