Recruiting Forum Football Talk III

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am not sure what you are looking at when you look at Franklin’s record. James Franklin is 1-7 vs ranked road teams at PSU, and 1-13 overall as a head coach against ranked road teams. His only win is @NW in 2017. Franklin is 11-10 on the road at PSU. Franklin is 3-11 againstMichigan/MSU/OSU while at PSU, with one win against each team.
Well I mentioned UF and UGA, so I was probably looking at...Vandy.

He's won plenty ranked games. Idgaf if they are home or away, lol who cares where it's played? 3 11 win seasons. Never missed a bowl. But keep cherrypicking.

We haven't won 10 games in over a decade and we are now too good for a guy that has won 11 in 30% of his seasons and 9+ in 60% of his seasons. God what an awful coach...I expect 9+ wins in 90% of our seasons!! 😭😭

No reason to miss sleep tonight I think this final chapter has been written already

Nothing but rumors until late morning when both Franklin and DW tell the teams what’s Happening and then the flood gates open around noon

Tomorrow is James Franklin Day ladies and Gentlemen!!
Hope you’re right

As a Penn Stater and a Vol, I would be happy for Franklin to leave PSU. But, not to Tennessee. We don’t want him At UT and I am not addressing his morality. He is uninspiring as a coach, has horrible clock management, doesn’t know when to move on from a player who is not performing (QB’s especially), and shows zero emotion when things are going well or poorly on the field. Most people were hoping at 0-4, he would be gone.
☝️is a reasonable argument.

Reactions: 4chrissy
In a thread on govols247
Wouldn’t that be something worth reporting or tweeting out if this actually happened like they’re claiming? It just seems odd to me for these guys at Rivals or 247 to talk their talk in threads rather than breaking it to the public. Maybe they’re not very confident in their sources..?

Reactions: windrider
Funny thing is I think only UT fans, myself included, hate the guy. Nationally? If UT hired Franklin away from PSU it would be shocking to say the least.

The Cover 3 Podcast (Chip Patterson, Tom Fornelli, Bud Elliott, and Danny Kannell) were all talking about how big of a splash it would be. Patterson and Kannell think a lot of White.

Wouldn’t that be something worth reporting or tweeting out if this actually happened like they’re claiming? It just seems odd to me for these guys at Rivals or 247 to talk their talk in threads rather than breaking it to the public. Maybe they’re not very confident in their sources..?
I think they have about as many sources as we do. Zero. :D

Last edited:
Reactions: Agent_Vol95
we agree here, my point was it’s not difficult for even the most optimistic and knowledgeable members to forget we have an upgrade in leadership running this search.

Even with the upgrade, I don't think it's fair to ask anyone to simply take things on faith. That well has run dry and has to be replenished. I understand why some still have it or why DW's name alone is enough for them but it's also more than fair for folks to demand some results before they go about blindly dancing to the new guy's tune.

That case, from PSU, involved hazing, sexual harassment and a player fighting with and pulling a knife on another player. There was also a lawsuit filed by the former PSU team doctor, who alleges he was fired after refusing Franklin’s demand to release players before they should be.

The Vandy case was interesting as well. The rape, sodomy, and urination on the victim occurred in the early hours of June 23 by four Vandy football players. As many as four other athletes admitted to helping move the victim at times during the crimes. Franklin was informed about the situation on the same day and flew back to Nashville from FL. Despite the Vandy legal department instructing him to stay away from the investigation, Franklin conducted a team meeting on the same evening. During the meeting, Franklin tells the team what happened and tells them he has seen the school video and cellphone videos from the players. On June 24, the AD is notified of the events. The police were not notified until June 25. Franklin contacted the victim by phone on June 27 even though the legal department said to stay out of it. Franklin claims to have called her to check on her well-being. The four players were not suspended/kicked off the team until June 29 despite Franklin becoming aware on June 23. Despite knowing the details of the allegations, the dorm rooms are not searched by police until June 28. The investigation continues by the school and police, but more than 55% of the school video footage is destroyed as are the majority of the texts and videos. In the criminal trial, Franklin changed his story and claimed to have never seen the videos. The victim also claimed that Franklin had previously asked her to identify 15 other girls who could entertain football recruits.

I do not know the culture of Franklin’s Vandy or PSU teams, but hopefully the school performs extensive vetting. Franklin can obviously coach, but the school needs to make sure of the culture he builds and his decision making (not following legal advice, for example).

https://www.tennessean.com/story/ne...-timeline-of-investigation-and-case/29183041/

Attorneys: James Franklin contacted victim in Vanderbilt rape case

A look at Vanderbilt rape case that left community reeling

Even with the upgrade, I don't think it's fair to ask anyone to simply take things on faith. That well has run dry and has to be replenished. I understand why some still have it or why DW's name alone is enough for them but it's also more than fair for folks to demand some results before they go about blindly dancing to the new guy's tune.
Exactly.. how many ADs have we been told to sit back and watch make a great hire??

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back