Recruiting Forum Football Talk III

Status
Not open for further replies.
Get behind this program...everyone. Stop bickering. Stop second guessing.
We have a bad ass AD...I mean one of the most impressive guys I have EVER been around. He is getting this right I promise you that.

And another thing...this stuff about whales and authority to offer this and that to two whales is BS. DW has been given a damn centurion card to hire whoever he wishes at whatever cost he sees fit....i have said it 100 times but some folks just can’t understand. Money is not and will not be an issue moving forward with this program.
Does Danny White have the power to pull a coach from another high profile school?

My favorite part about that quote/scene is that it implies orcs are familiar with the concept of restaurants
8pXHFni.jpg

You sir are like running into an old friend from the war...I believe we were fighting an attack from a bunch of anti-grudes...I was doing my best to fight them off and that last thing I remember you saying were the same words you said when you first entered “gruden to the mf hill” hahahaha

Haha glad to have fought the good fight with ya.. we got to keep hope alive brother that there are better days ahead for our beloved Tennessee football!

We have a bad ass AD...I mean one of the most impressive guys I have EVER been around. He is getting this right I promise you that.

And another thing...this stuff about whales and authority to offer this and that to two whales is BS. DW has been given a damn centurion card to hire whoever he wishes at whatever cost he sees fit....i have said it 100 times but some folks just can’t understand. Money is not and will not be an issue moving forward with this program.
The concern has not been the willingness to spend money, the concern has been that our program is so dimly viewed by the coaching fraternity that no amount of money can entice the top candidates to come to Knoxville.

Makes Sense. I know a lot of people thought today, but maybe that was bit premature all things considered. lol

Tomorrow, we get a deal done with someone, it starts coming out Wednesday. If things are going according to plan, AV said things are moving quickly, so it honestly shouldn't go longer than Wednesday if we got someone high on the list.

I can’t do this again tomorrow!!

Soooooo with that being said....is he a current HC or coordinator position👀😅

Reactions: UTK
I do think White will take his time and find a good coach when is all done. We didn't overpay and hand him the reigns to go make a panic hire. We've waited this long. We can wait for our guy to emerge. Believe.
It took 2 weeks for him to hire Scott Frost. Wouldnt be surprised if it took that long here

Options who haven’t been getting much talk the last couple days- don’t forget they exist. David Shaw, Pat Fitzgerald, Tom Allen. Would think Chris Peterson or Stoops are options but I really can’t see those 2 being interested in even a 10 minute call due to where they’re at in life/stress/comfort etc.

Reactions: Sleegro
Campbell has got to be the card played, right?
Probably the first card. Probably told no before much even happened imo. Just imagine if we called Saban or Dabo...it would take 10 seconds. Campbell's call probably last 5 minutes.

I like to think I am a pretty level headed feller but these coaching searches are the wildest up and down ride of emotions on the planet. I have went from buying season tickets for strangers to thunder punching orphans multiple times and that's all just today. Rode it this far may as well see where we land.
If you've not been through these before, I recommend some medication, legal or otherwise. When you're an old hat, these highs and lows are anticipated.

Feels like tomorrow. The candidates who were interested but were not selected saying they're "not interested" before the hire is announced. Fleck is the first of a few me thinks.
Good point. Really anything is possible. If we have a hire and Dykes publicly turns us down before the hire is announce, we might scare off the hire with the riot.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back