Recruiting Forum Football Talk III

Status
Not open for further replies.
Campbell to the MF Hill!
You sir are like running into an old friend from the war...I believe we were fighting an attack from a bunch of anti-grudes...I was doing my best to fight them off and that last thing I remember you saying were the same words you said when you first entered “gruden to the mf hill” hahahaha

I think SF, Volzown, and 99vawls all had good info prior to Danny White arrival.

No one knows anything.

SF straight up said in his last post that he doesn’t know if we missed on #1, he’s just trying to connect the dots.

There’s still a chance and the #1 target doesn’t have an agent, so this process takes longer. Patience and enjoy the ride.

Campbell till it isn’t!

Not yet. This could mean they've finally made a hire. I remember getting a news alert on my phone about two AD candidates either not being interested or withdrawing their name even as White was being announced. For whatever reason, candidates want to withdraw their name or say they aren't interested if a position they're linked to is filled. It's stupid, really because ultimately no one cares if you don't take a position, only if you take it. But candidates feel like it protects their image or 'hotness' to withdraw or indicate not being interested even when the two parties might've never had any interest in one another.

That said, it could also be the 'we're all gonna die' phase of the search too. Who knows. Personally, Fleck gives me too many CBJ flashbacks.
It matters if they’re currently AD’s or HC’s elsewhere you want to still keep your current position

Makes Sense. I know a lot of people thought today, but maybe that was bit premature all things considered. lol

Tomorrow, we get a deal done with someone, it starts coming out Wednesday. If things are going according to plan, AV said things are moving quickly, so it honestly shouldn't go longer than Wednesday if we got someone high on the list.

Let’s see 400 or so pages behind...won’t be able to catch up and don’t have much time been quite busy since sat. Everything is still progressing as planned. Don’t let any of this smoke from anyone in the media fool you. Everyone has an agenda. And so do we. DW knows EXACTLY what he is doing. This will wrap up quickly...negotiations and papering deals of this magnitude don’t just happen quickly especially when you are talking about the state our program is in. Be patient and be positive. I have been asked to respect the privacy of this search and I will...protecting that process makes us a better program long term.
You can hit up @Neyland Rising for an in-depth look at what you missed in those 400 pages.

Glad to see you here calming everyone down for a moment.

Get behind this program...everyone. Stop bickering. Stop second guessing.
We have a bad ass AD...I mean one of the most impressive guys I have EVER been around. He is getting this right I promise you that.

And another thing...this stuff about whales and authority to offer this and that to two whales is BS. DW has been given a damn centurion card to hire whoever he wishes at whatever cost he sees fit....i have said it 100 times but some folks just can’t understand. Money is not and will not be an issue moving forward with this program.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back