Recruiting Forum Football Talk III

Status
Not open for further replies.
Let’s see 400 or so pages behind...won’t be able to catch up and don’t have much time been quite busy since sat. Everything is still progressing as planned. Don’t let any of this smoke from anyone in the media fool you. Everyone has an agenda. And so do we. DW knows EXACTLY what he is doing. This will wrap up quickly...negotiations and papering deals of this magnitude don’t just happen quickly especially when you are talking about the state our program is in. Be patient and be positive. I have been asked to respect the privacy of this search and I will...protecting that process makes us a better program long term.

Now can we all just get along. LOL

Ok fine!..but the point is he wants the damn job!..more so than anyone who’s in the discussion or willing to accept the hire that’s worth a damn.period.we will settle for a 4 and 5th option when we could have a serious program changing option.I’m fully prepared for us to take a chance on some one hit wonder hot shot,unknown but raw coach or up and coming coach and depending on who you are and how you view them we have done all 3 and it’s not worked out in our favor.

Yeah ok well all of that is difficult to argue against.

My hope is just that we don’t really know who the candidates are bc the media doesn’t actually know.

Reactions: SweetasSoda
We really gonna pass on Freeze and Chadwell (who, by all accounts, would take the job) for...Sonny Dykes??

Tony Elliott - ok, I suppose. But Sonny Dykes?

What the...?

Let’s see 400 or so pages behind...won’t be able to catch up and don’t have much time been quite busy since sat. Everything is still progressing as planned. Don’t let any of this smoke from anyone in the media fool you. Everyone has an agenda. And so do we. DW knows EXACTLY what he is doing. This will wrap up quickly...negotiations and papering deals of this magnitude don’t just happen quickly especially when you are talking about the state our program is in. Be patient and be positive. I have been asked to respect the privacy of this search and I will...protecting that process makes us a better program long term.
AV is alive!!! Now we can all calm the F down.

Also seeing questions on chis l. My comments were meant to say he will most likely leak story not that he intimately knowlegeable of who we are talking to. Furthermore he is plugged in more with the elite boosters at TN than any of the other guys...that’s it.

Good night VN.

We need someone to make the SD talk stop. No one will support that.

I am not following how we allegedly go from Matt Campbell to James Franklin then to Sonny Dykes? From a pure coaching and on the field perspective Campbell and Franklin are light years beyond Sonny Dykes. Pretty big gap between these candidates which makes little sense to me.

I would have to think Herman is above Dykes and he's available (may not be interested but we don't know that and are hearing very little)

So how about Herman, even Chadwell who has less experience and not power 5 but is a sitting head coach. I'd rather roll the dice on Chadwell than Dykes.

Herman, Malzahn (he can ask Steele to leave if needed), make another run at Fleck, etc before trotting out Sonny Dykes.

As others have said, I'd roll w Elliott before Dykes. Dykes has proven he is not able to put together a winning record while at a Pac 12 school.

Heck I think I'd rather give Dana Holgorson a shot vs. Sonny Dykes. Lance Leipold would make me more excited than Dykes, I do believe.

Something seems amiss here... I just have to believe Dykes is a misdirection and/or down the list/courtesy interview (should it occur)

Reactions: MoreSteam
I hope its not, but this is the same thing that happened last time. Schiano was brought up over and over and no one wanted to hear it, then it was him. Dykes is that name this time because I dont think Tony Elliott takes this even if we offered him. Clemson will be preseason 1 or 2, what the harm in him waiting another year?
The great thing about coordinator salaries is you can easily multiply them, unlike HC's. He makes 1.6mm now. Triple or even quadruple his pay and that could be a solid offer he may come around to. Let's pray...

Live look at Volnation trying to get in questions
170C153E-4E9E-4E59-B3A4-1CDC43C4C064.jpeg

LFG

Reactions: ATC_VOL and KPT_VFL

HE IS ALIVE!!!!

And he came just in the knick of time as this board was about to commit mass suicide because of Austin Freaking Price.

Printing this post now

]1611629454677.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back