Recruiting Forum Football Talk III

Status
Not open for further replies.
Fl and GA aren’t that good. Kirby has feasted on AWFUL coaching. Mehlen is mehlen.

Sec sucks compared to the big ten in terms of coaching and Franklin has shown he can consistently out coach people

Hmm. I didn't realize Franklin was considered a very good in-game coach...

From SDS (consider the source) & the ranking linked earlier (with nary a mention of any perceived wrongdoing at Vanderbilt)...

"12. James Franklin, Penn State

I’ll admit that Franklin proved me wrong last year. Dead wrong. I was selling any Franklin stock I had left after the way 2018 ended, but winning 11 games and earning a top-10 finish was impressive. Super impressive. Those achievements get overlooked with this system, but they shouldn’t. Not many coaches can claim 3 New Year’s 6 bowl berths and 3 top-10 finishes in the past 4 years.

The reason I’m still not quite as high on Franklin is I think his ceiling is limited. Some of his late-game decisions are still maddening, and it’s a reason he’s just 3-6 vs. Michigan, Michigan State and Ohio State the past 3 years. With how well he recruits and sells that program, I do believe there’s something frustrating about not being confident in a head coach who’s trailing with the season on the line.

Before 2019, he had 5 wins against top-25 teams (5-20) in 8 years as a Power 5 head coach. Stoops had that many in his previous 4 seasons at Kentucky, while Fitzgerald and Mike Leach had that many in the previous 2 seasons at Northwestern and Washington State, respectively.

Still, you can do much worse than building your program around Franklin. Shoot, 2 struggling Power 5 schools (for different reasons) did that and were better for it."

Last edited:
Reactions: scvolfan7
Ok about Darnell Wright...He's not in the portal...I thought other schools can't talk to you til your in the portal or just no longer on the team... Am I missing something? Or did he just give us the time our new coach will be announced?

Last edited:
What if Campbell is number 1 and Lane is 2?

That's a nice list.

I had talked myself into Lane at some point during this journey. But White mentioned his number one quality in a coach would be trust. I could see how he could view his betrayal of leaving Tennessee and then would be Ole Miss after only one season as untrustworthy. I do wonder if Kiffin would be able to earn that trust in an interview, if he got one. Maybe. Would be awesome if he did and he turned about to be the good ol Lane we always wanted him to be and the next great Vols coach for a long time. But does that guy really exist? I don't really know. Would be fun to find out though.

That's a nice list.

I had talked myself into Lane at some point during this journey. But White mentioned his number one quality in a coach would be trust. I could see how he could view his betrayal of leaving Tennessee and then would be Ole Miss after only one season as untrustworthy. I do wonder if Kiffin would be able to earn that trust in an interview, if he got one. Maybe. Would be awesome if he did and he turned about to be the good ol Lane we always wanted him to be and the next great Vols coach for a long time. But does that guy really exist? I don't really know. Would be fun to find out though.

That would be my top two.

He took Cincinnati to the wire against Georgia who blew us out in the 2nd half. Dont be dumb he would be a steal.
He’s a good coach but he also panicked against UGA.

We’re awful and coulda beat UGA in Athens. Bama and FL beat them easily. GA isn’t a juggernaut. Lots of talent but not much coaching

Agreed and our admin isn’t that tone deaf. Franklin used to **** on us regularly. He was quite pompous about it.

FTR I don’t want him and think he is a huge drop from Campbell. I’m just not crazy about attacking someone for hearsay. We have a court system for these things.
For the purposes of this topic, it's got nothing to do with the court system.

Plowman and white stood on a stage and talked about moral compass and integrity.

So the only issue at hand is.. Does that guy fit?

Hard to argue he does and you don't need a conviction in court to determine that.

That's a nice list.

Which hire would cause more bitterness toward the Vols from the school left behind. Kiffin abandoning Ole Miss after only a year or Campbell on the verge of a Big 12 championship at ISU skipping town with the entire football coaching staff?

Reactions: seaofORANGE22
Which hire would cause more bitterness toward the Vols from the school left behind. Kiffin abandoning Ole Miss after only a year or Campbell on the verge of a Big 12 championship at ISU skipping town with the entire football coaching staff?
ISU knows on some level, he gone. Just a matter of when.

Ole Miss is just getting excited at the prospect of what their program can be with kiffin. They'd be devastated. I know, been there.

For the purposes of this topic, it's got nothing to do with the court system.

Plowman and white stood on a stage and talked about moral compass and integrity.

So the only issue at hand is.. Does that guy fit?

Hard to argue he does and you don't need a conviction in court to determine that.

Agreed. If I remember him from Vandy correctly he’s an ******* too.

Reactions: jakez4ut
Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back