Recruiting Forum Football Talk III

Status
Not open for further replies.
Campbell is still the dream. I would be A-OK with Fickell though. Very good HC. His OC hire would be very important.

I think most of us prefer an offensive coach, but a great coach is a great coach.

Is Campbell considered an offensive-minded HC? He’s a great HC and I would take him in a heartbeat, but I’m not sure I’ve ever thought of him as an offensive guru. He’s just a well-rounded coach.

First: no way it gets to the level of fever pitch as Gruden...no way. Period

Second: John Currie could have flat out said, "Gruden isn't coming", and most would have said, "SMOKESCREEN!!!".

Third: This isn't going to last long enough for it to build to that. Butch was fired on Nov 12, Schiano Sunday was Nov 26. That was 2 weeks for it to build and build and build and build; also, Gruden rumors started before Butch was even fired...hell, before he was even hired. I believe we have our new coach by Wed, at the latest.

But, I do believe Currie was laughing at us throughout.
Currie was so certain of his hire he never considered anyone other than Shiano

what bizzaro world am i living in? Eric Ainge is talking UP Lane Kiffin........???

tenor.gif

Elliot is not a HC and it’s been stated multiple times they want a proven winner and active HC with p5 experience so why keep bringing his name up?
They literally said in their press release that this isn’t the place to learn on the job or try someone out. It’s not Elliot unless they lied

We don't have the luxury of gambling on a coordinator. After Dooley, yes. After Butch, yes. After the third failed coach, no. Gotta be the Saban for Tennessee or we hit a mark that is Nebraska/Colorado-esque.
I can see that point

I also think that no matter if you are hiring a current coach or a coordinator, the gamble or risk is just about the same. Plenty of coaches who were hired from other head coaching jobs have failed miserably.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back