Recruiting Forum Football Talk III

Status
Not open for further replies.
swain said stop being stubborn on the proven HC thing because adjustments will be made.

Swain isn’t some reliable source. He’s one guy. We’re not being stubborn. There is just no way you make Danny White the highest paid AD in the SEC only to go hire an unproven assistant with two years experience of P5 coordinator duties to come clean up the mess made by another career assistant with zero HC experience.

It’s nothing against Elliot. Tennessee just doesn’t have the luxury to play the whole experiment game for a 4th straight time.

I swear to God, if we hire another coordinator...... I don't care about whites past success hiring people. We were told this isn't a place to try someone out. We were told a winner that's coached before. We are in this mess because we hired a coordinator. Don't hire a coordinator. Period. And I hope you guys don't blindly accept another coordinator just because white hired him.

Reactions: UTProf
HC exp.

power 5 exp.

offensive minded

Clean recruiting background

Great leader

Interesting that "proven success at power 5" isn't a bottom line requirement. There are a TON of coaches that check these boxes.

I agree with Shaw. I think he got a lot of love riding the Harbaugh train. He is not good at recruiting. You see what happened with Mason. The guy was lost recruiting in this league and he was a Shaw guy. No reason Stanford should be on decline in that conference.

Patterson I disagree with. TCU is such a hard place to consistently recruit to and have consistency. There are always going to be ups and down and he has a lot more ups than downs. Patterson would be an outstanding hire here. I’d be more confident in his ability to have success here than shaw

These discussions are wild, fun and eye opening. I think those numbers I just showed should make us be scared of both but I respect your opinion

I swear to God, if we hire another coordinator...... I don't care about whites past success hiring people. We were told this isn't a place to try someone out. We were told a winner that's coached before. We are in this mess because we hired a coordinator. Don't hire a coordinator. Period. And I hope you guys don't blindly accept another coordinator just because white hired him.
I won’t. But I’m not going to say tennessee will all of the sudden change their ways. Chances are it’s tony Elliot. It makes sense because it’s tennessee.

I have nothing against Kiffin and think he could do well here, but realistically, I think the odds are against him being the hire. Boyd and Plowman seem to be about starting fresh. That showed in hiring Danny White, an AD without a past connection to UT. I think the same will probably be true of our next HC.

But I'm not an insider and know nothing concrete.

Campbell still feels like a pipe dream to me.

Fickell, on the other hand, can be won over. He *almost* took the Michigan State job last year. He is willing to move if the deal is right, and I believe he respects Danny White - they know each other from Ohio State and AAC meetings.

Would go against the "offensive mind" we're supposedly targeting, but maybe that's not a steadfast rule.
I could see Fickell. Our AD is a winner so I know he will target the best. Plus he is well respected which will help get who we want.

Campbell still feels like a pipe dream to me.

Fickell, on the other hand, can be won over. He *almost* took the Michigan State job last year. He is willing to move if the deal is right, and I believe he respects Danny White - they know each other from Ohio State and AAC meetings.

Would go against the "offensive mind" we're supposedly targeting, but maybe that's not a steadfast rule.
This hire really needs to be an offensive coach. Getting a defensive guy is admitting you're out of touch with how SEC ball is played now.

Reading some tea leaves I think this is what’s happened

Phil thought he was going to survive and had BOB lined up. BoB had approved Steele as DC and Tee staying on staff. As soon as White was the hire Ingram was no longer going to keep that plan going and BOB was official announced at Bama
I think this is spot on. I thought it was very curious how he was officially announced yesterday after we announced white as the AD.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back