Recruiting Forum Football Talk III

Status
Not open for further replies.
Assume we do already have our guy Out of respect to UCF and the appearance of doing due diligence I don’t think we will hire anyone until the end of next week even if we have our guy already.

White will want to show he’s done due diligence with the search and also not any kind of hint he was working on it while being employed at UCF imo

Two things:

1) White likely had a shortlist ready once he realized we were interested in him. In that position, you know the question becomes "who are you going to hire?"
2) He began making calls to coaches on Wednesday night when we came to an agreement. I believe Tony Elliott got a call that night, but he wasn't the only one.

He's not new to this - he was hired at UCF as AD with a football coaching vacancy.

I get the feeling more will leak today as agents and coaches start to get a sense of who we're targeting and who isn't getting calls.

As of about mid-day yesterday, Chadwell said he hadn't heard from anyone at UT. He could be lying, sure, but could also be a sign the search is in a better spot than him at this point.

Interestingly, I've heard that Danny White is flying into Knoxville, doing the presser and meeting key people, then is apparently hopping on a flight *somewhere*.

I'm expecting a Monday press conference for the new head coach.
Let us join hands and create a fellowship for this new coach.

It can go very quickly. Parker keeps current files on the usual suspects. Candidates are pre-vetted, with agent intel on terms and numbers. UT Zooms the preliminaries, then does an in-person, generally at a central location. The parties are already in the same ballpark so they can come to terms quickly with mutual interest, then hash out the contract after an understanding is reached.

Not a fan of the Rooney Rule for one reason. It creates and perpetuates the token effect. The idea of interviewing one minority candidate just because he's a minority is insulting. People should be hired on merit, not race. I don't think any minority candidate wants to be considered just because they're a minority. They want to be considered because they earned it, and they deserve it. And if anyone is stupid enough to ignore a qualified candidate based on race, I say who wants to work for a racist bastard? I'm a firm believer that attitudes need to change, but I'm also a firm believer in advancement through merit. You hire the best, most qualified person. Race, gender, sexuality...none of that should matter.
Eric Bieniemy has earned a shot. I can’t believe NFL teams keep passing him up.

Reactions: Sleegro
After educating myself on Danny White and his uncanny ability to pick quality coaches, I am going to trust his pick regardless if it is someone low on the list like a Tony Elliott. Here is a good interview with Elliott where he fields questions for 20 minutes with no coach speak. Sounds well spoken and intelligent.

I know some of you all don’t want Kiffin, and that’s completely fine, but the way you talk about him 13 years later is embarrassing.

Are people not allowed to change? Can you name one thing he has actually done in, let’s say the past 5 years, that you consider immature? IMO, he seems to have had his act together for quite some time. You take his Twitter trolling game way too seriously. It’s not that deep.

Two things:

1) White likely had a shortlist ready once he realized we were interested in him. In that position, you know the question becomes "who are you going to hire?"
2) He began making calls to coaches on Wednesday night when we came to an agreement. I believe Tony Elliott got a call that night, but he wasn't the only one.

He's not new to this - he was hired at UCF as AD with a football coaching vacancy.

Sure

Doesn’t change my post

It can go very quickly. Parker keeps current files on the usual suspects. Candidates are pre-vetted, with agent intel on terms and numbers. UT Zooms the preliminaries, then does an in-person, generally at a central location. The parties are already in the same ballpark so they can come to terms quickly with mutual interest, then hash out the contract after an understanding is reached.
Thanks Invol

I get the feeling more will leak today as agents and coaches start to get a sense of who we're targeting and who isn't getting calls.

As of about mid-day yesterday, Chadwell said he hadn't heard from anyone at UT. He could be lying, sure, but could also be a sign the search is in a better spot than him at this point.

Interestingly, I've heard that Danny White is flying into Knoxville, doing the presser and meeting key people, then is apparently hopping on a flight *somewhere*.

I'm expecting a Monday press conference for the new head coach.
Chadwell is a second tier choice. Criteria is HC experience, P5 exp., no recruiting baggage,
offensive minded, great leader

Assume we do already have our guy Out of respect to UCF and the appearance of doing due diligence I don’t think we will hire anyone until the end of next week even if we have our guy already.

White will want to show he’s done due diligence with the search and also not any kind of hint he was working on it while being employed at UCF imo

Naw he will move fast. This clearly has been in works for a while. This dude is prepared and proactive in everything he does. He has likely already had a list ready for a big time job when he got the shot. My guess we announce a hire this weekend or Monday and PC next week. The guy is good with Social media so I’d expect he sets it all up where there is plenty of media visibility and talking about the hire.

Brice’s latest football scoop article focuses on Elliott. Saying White almost hired him at UCF before going with Heupel.
listening to Brice on swain....really talking him up, went on to say say he wouldn't call him a leader or anything but you're right, the whole conversation focused on him.

Reactions: ATC_VOL
Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back