Recruiting Forum Football Talk III

Status
Not open for further replies.
It appears White has a history of getting good up and coming coaches. Most of the names I’m seeing shared here are fairly established coaches. but I’m honestly excited to see who he decides to go with since UT is more or a premiere program than his last few universities.
Would he go to Division 2 for a coach or just P5. I would like Lincoln Riley but think it’s a long shot.
We're not hiring a D2 coach lol

Will not get 100 pages behind...will not get 100 pages behind...will not get 100 pages behind...will not get 100 pages behind.

“Hey, yeah, I’ve had something come up, and I need to clear my calendar today. Can you reschedule my calls? Great. Thanks. Oh yeah, everything is fine. Just need to focus on a priority project today.”

Will not get 100 pages behind...will not get 100 pages behind...will not get 100 pages behind...will not get 100 pages behind.

“Hey there [my kids’ school]. Sorry for the late notice, but my kids will need to be in after care today. My wife will pick them up.”

Cracking knuckles and settling in. Let’s do this VolNation.

Any news from the VQ insiders this morning?
Their “sources” are all gone but 1 and he doesn’t know anything right now. So they’re throwing stuff against the wall until they build new relationships. I suggest only paying attention to recruiting/player news from them for the time being.

We are in the NCAA crosshairs—-the firings were a good move but no on Freeze and Kiffin. It ain’t happening.
Agreed - if you think White had someone in mind when he was first contacted, which I assume was probably Monday night, then you have to follow public comments from that point on from Boyd and Plowman talking about integrity and hiring a proven winner.

They've got someone on the line - it's now time to see if they can get their fish in the boat.

Where we are today.. TL;dr, but happy version.

Grand slam HR for the AD selection. We know the next hire will be a sitting HC. That came from Randy, Donde and AV confirmed. We know to watch Chris Lowe. We know they are going fast and the local media including VQ is clueless about who that is. As usual. We know VQ is a good source for recruiting news, so they should just stay in that lane. That will be $9.95.

We know Danny White keeps a short list of of potential hires at all times like all great AD's do. The 4 leg stool will facilitate the hire happening with the FU money. The old money can use it on Neyland and UT facility upgrades like they have in the past. We will now need those upgrades IMO. We will thank the old money for doing so because they love the Vols and are big fans as well. It was just time for them to step back from hiring coaches and such.

We know the money is available to make it a major hire since they paid major bucks to DW. The young money is over UT sucking at football. They know the investigation will hamper the rebuild, so they need a successful program builder with a preferable offensive background who is unafraid of taking the project on. The UT fan base is football smart, which was demonstrated with burning mattress night, Rommel, SchiaNOgate, Botch and with Happy Meals Gump. We also know they know the great value of having an AD that knows his shiz by the unified reaction to DW being hired after a long list of AD's with dubious distinctions. The new HC will want built-in safeguards over football staff, coach hiring/firing, and sufficient time to turn it around without concern for early termination. That means the hire has to be universally acceptable to 80+% of the fanbase up front if possible. The HC needs to have thick skin and able to withstand Vol twitter when things get turbulent. The big paycheck should help him do that. He should work closely with the 4 leg stool and it should all turn out well for everybody.

Personally, I enjoy speculating on who that HC may be. Opinions and arseholes abound on here and it is fun. I would love to see for at least part of today that we just enjoy welcoming Danny White and his family to Rocky Top. He's a winner and a keeper. We need to show our appreciation for him walking into this dumpster fire with the equipment to put that fire out. GBO!

Last edited:
So he was good with the best QB prospect in the last 10 years at a top 2 school with elite talent all around him. No.... Remember the last guy we just fired because he was a GREAT coordinator at an elite school with elite talent? Yeah, not going to sell that to anyone.
I'm not saying he is going to be the guy, but he is a good choice. He also made the playoff with Kelly Bryant and those first few Clemson teams were making the championship game and winning one with classes closer to 10 than 1. They have only been having top 5 classes the last two years. The class before Lawrence was 16th and the one with him was 7th, the one after 10th.

I think we are going to have lots of good options, he's just one of them.

Reactions: UTJoe
Ya’ll going to be sad when it’s neither Kiffin nor Freeze. White is not hiring rule breakers from the past to the program.

I keep reading this narrative on Kiffin, and I know we've all heard some pretty sordid details from his time here, but what has Kiffin actually done as a HC, or even since he left Pete Carroll's USC program, that's caused the NCAA to come down on him? I am really grasping at straws here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back