Recruiting Forum Football Talk III

Status
Not open for further replies.
i would LOVE a elliot hire. Clemson playcaller for years, knows how a successful program is run, and Clemson has fantastic culture. He also has a degree in industrial engineering, and isn't a f@#$ing idiot like our former head coach
Moronic statement at best, hiring a coordinator 3 years ago is what got us here

It is interesting though that we aren't really hearing anything about any black candidates. There weren't really any black candidates discussed for South Carolina, Auburn, Texas, etc. either. Next season will likely be the first season in a long time in which there isn't a single black head coach in the SEC.

I mean if there was a sitting HC that was realistic that also happened to be black I’m sure Danny White would consider him. But this isn’t and doesn’t need to be about race. Bienemy? No thanks. Too risky. Caldwell? No thanks. Too old. Shaw? No thanks. He sucks.

What black coach are you even interested in? We need experience in head coaching.

I am sure David Shaw is one hell of a football coach, but I just can't see too many people being excited about him. I know I wouldn't be.

Didn't he run 3 to 4 TE sets with a QB and McCaffrey/Love for a couple years? I'm sure it was successful because both of those guys are pretty unique talents, but if we want a fun and exciting offensive coach, I don't think he's the guy.

It is interesting though that we aren't really hearing anything about any black candidates. There weren't really any black candidates discussed for South Carolina, Auburn, Texas, etc. either. Next season will likely be the first season in a long time in which there isn't a single black head coach in the SEC.
I don’t think race has anything to do with UT’s next hire. It needs to be a proven winner. A current HC. If that guy is black, great!

I don’t know why everyone is getting so caught up in all this. Speculation is pointless at this juncture. Keep your expectations extremely low because it’s likely going to be the same old song and dance: Haslam stooge AD, milquetoast coach, fans unhappy blah blah blah.

If it’s not and we crush the hires then that’ll be encouraging and I’ll be excited again.

Likes given for no other reason than just great screen name. The Hawaiian Hammer!!

I dont think that it was that he wasn't good enough. He had only been the OC for 3 seasons at the time, and now has another 3 years under his belt. He has been in the playoff all 6 seasons as OC and has killed it in Atlanta and Florida for Clemson. He can also sell that he has had two 1st rd QBs and maybe a 3rd coming up in Uiagalelei.

So he was good with the best QB prospect in the last 10 years at a top 2 school with elite talent all around him. No.... Remember the last guy we just fired because he was a GREAT coordinator at an elite school with elite talent? Yeah, not going to sell that to anyone.

It appears White has a history of getting good up and coming coaches. Most of the names I’m seeing shared here are fairly established coaches. but I’m honestly excited to see who he decides to go with since UT is more or a premiere program than his last few universities.
Would he go to Division 2 for a coach or just P5. I would like Lincoln Riley but think it’s a long shot.

I would take any coach, any color, any gender if they've proved themselves to be the head coach. I dont care.

With that said, we've all dealt with political jargon for the past year, non stop. Can we PLEASE refrain from trying to make anything about race or political affiliation in here? A lot of us come here for an escape.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back