Recruiting Forum Football Talk III

Status
Not open for further replies.
Who ever the new AD is knows this hire makes or breaks them. Tough spot to be in.

This decision makes or breaks them and it’s not a hard decision. All they have to do is bring in a proven winner. After that it is no longer on them. Nobody can look back and say, “failed hire!”

Pruitt is partially right because it was a witch-hunt, but mediocre results along with cheating (that was so systemic he’d have to be blind not to see) and the only person in the official power structure that’s loyal to you is the AD who hired....that’s a recipe for termination.

Maybe if he’d won more....he would’ve been safe
Maybe if he his staff hadn’t cheated....he would’ve been safe
Maybe if the Chancellor or President had hired him....he would’ve been safe.

Working under the assumption Gilbert is the AD, he and Barnes are very similar from a personality standpoint, something I think they share with Chadwell. All three are Appalachian good ole boys. Gilbert has gotten to watch as Coastal has risen in that region - probably at the direct expense of ECU.

Gilbert was also at Alabama when Steele was there so there’s a direct tie.

Gilbert was at Alabama for a long time so he’s got connections down there - someone like Bill Clark will likely have his interest. Someone who has brought a program back from a death sentence. Our issue won’t be that severe, obviously, but this is again another rebuilding job.

Gilbert helped hire Butch Jones, Donnie Tyndall and Rick Barnes. So we know he’s willing to go out of the conference and will look at up and comers if the need be.

I don't get why people think Lane or Hugh would be anything but eliminated from consideration after today's press conference. They aren't even within the realm of possibility, especially after today.
And nobody is getting fired in a Covid year,
CJP is the HC at UT in 2021,
Gee, idk maybe because every time someone says something definitely ain’t happening it happens 😳

Reactions: butchna
Guys I have to admit I don’t even know the coaching landscape right now. I unplugged from the Vols this year. Just honestly didn’t feel like it was worth time given the product (or lack of).
I hope this hire changes that but our track record is one of the worst in all of sports. Probably gonna be flat.

Reactions: Grey_pilgrim
This decision makes or breaks them and it’s not a hard decision. All they have to do is bring in a proven winner. After that it is no longer on them. Nobody can look back and say, “failed hire!”
Sounds easy enough, in theory. Name a proven winner after what you heard the chancellor say today that would come into this situation. Reminder that Freeze and Kiffin don’t exactly check those boxed.

gonna go the squeaky clean route....

Cool, I was hoping to continue to cheer for a miserable football program all for the sake of no longer existent academic integrity.

Really hoping some of what I heard today was simply lip service for the NCAA.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back