Recruiting Forum Football Talk III

Status
Not open for further replies.
AV is full of it this time..we are screwed. Maybe down the road it might get better...I hope.
I don’t think he is full of it. I just think he is a Haslamite and if you’re a Haslamite today is a very happy day because the plan to get rid of Phil succeeded and did so beyond their wildest dreams (they have Fulmer taking the rap for the coaching search they botched). And now there is no one left that has enough pull with the general public to oppose anything they want to do.

I’m not going to address this anymore because it’s obvious that you can’t talk to some posters.

1. We had a complete idiot as a head coach the last 3 years. He was terrible on the field and extremely reckless off the field. Behind the scenes Support staffers were threatened and he tried to strong arm people into covering up stuff by him and his staff. That you cannot cover up.

2. There is not a “clean” program in major athletics. No matter the conference. But there are gentleman’s agreements in place that self polices. When you start doing things to violate those (which we did) that’s when you get in seriously trouble. We were doing those things early and often. So this whole “we will never win now” is ignorant. This whole investigation was more about Pruitt meddling in stuff he had no business in and things he isn’t even qualified to have an opinion on.

We have a fantastic chancellor and president now. We are now in an AD search and i trust that they will make a good hire and then we will get to head coach. I feel 1000000x more confident in our future than i did a week ago.
I've heard voice recordings on how college basketball coaches recruits. There are no gentleman's agreements in college recruiting. This is a fairy tale view of hoping things will end up alright.

I know he lied.
Last I'll say on this...

What exactly does he owe you, that he should answer your question with any answer, other than what he chooses? And since when does he owe you or anyone on here 100% transparency?

This ain't a deposition and you ain't an attorney so, as far as I'm concerned, he couldn've told you he was Peyton Manning himself and just sit back and laugh at you wet yourself over this obsession of yours.

You're the same type person who ran off every other kind of insider that decided to come on here and share just table scraps worth of information. Just sit back and take it for what it's worth, instead of whining like a petulant, self-entitled child that is owed the truth, just because you asked for it.

I have a 7 year old that whines less than you...and more honest too, Mr. Ban Bet. Now, go sit in a corner.

I've heard voice recordings on how college basketball coaches recruits. There are no gentleman's agreements in college recruiting. This is a fairy tale view of hoping things will end up alright.
No it’s call working in college athletics under 4 different staffs. Funny how Pruitt was the only one that’s ever had issues. He’s a Gump and a dumbass and brought all of it on himself.

If kiffin wants this job so bad, he must think its the best job on earth and would never leave. (again)

Agreed.

I was wrong about him being a bad coach. He’s done very well at Ole Miss during the short time he’s been there.

However, we don’t truly know if Kiffin has changed for the better. It’s a big risk.

Bethany Gunn and Pruitt did nothing new that isn’t being done at Auburn, Alabama, Georgia etc.

Difference is Tennessee self reports, and burns the house down.

Which is why we’ll never contend in the SEC again.

We don’t know that yet. We just fired NINE folks for cause. NINE!!!! What if the NCAA came sniffing and found out we had a reliable lede to some nefariousness and did nothing about it. Then we would get hammered. We had to investigate. We apparently found out some very sloppy stuff. I don’t think they’ll give us the death penalty or anything. But we deserve it for the sloppiness.

Reactions: HankHill
Charles Davis will be hired within the next two days, UT will be talking to Hugh Freeze this evening. Gus will be approached along with Napier.
One issue with Davis is a buyout from Fox sports.
I am not an insider, got a call from someone who is close with someone in the AD.
Money was payed to Mims, Toot, Mauer and Gray. Georgia and Michigan are part of this in some way.
The guy who called said he played travel baseball with Chadwell, talked with him last week and he had not been approached.
New AD will not hire the next coach, Plowman will.
Like I said, I am no insider. TIFWIW
Haslams want Freeze
Thunder wants Gus
Not sure who is pushing Napier
Charles Davis is with CBS now

Reactions: TennacJed
Plowman when @Atlanta VOL hands her the list of coaches the boosters been working on

giphy.gif

I will say one thing we've got going for us with this search we didn't with the Pruitt one.

1. a few big name hires are unemployed right now (Gus, Herman, NFL names, etc.)
2. a few hot name hires are making peanuts at smaller schools (Freeze, Napier, Chadwell, etc.)
3. one free transfer rule, will we lose guys...probably but most will have to eat humble pie to go somewhere lesser. SEC is going to road block potential in conference freebies but a smaller school hire may be able to fill gaps from his former team
4. our admin to their credit has stayed ahead of the crazy that happened last time, they waited until all things had ran the course before announcing anything and when they did it was fast. what little the media had before was speculation at best

I agree with you that basketball is dirtier. The sheer numbers of players almost makes it impossible. I agree that kids come here for Barnes to develop. But look at the ones who do? They are few and far between. Hard to find enough of those to field a football team.

He’s developed a culture though where he’s liked and they trust him. I agree that more in numbers make it difficult. But there should be enough talent in a 5 hour radius for a good coach to do it. Might stretch (but don’t break) recruiting methods and develop talent.

Reactions: jp1
Cleaning house is one thing. It generally does mitigate damages, and let's be real-- UT really wanted Pruitt out on the cheap, after extending him months prior, and a vocal faction wanted Fulmer gone sooner rather than later. But most schools don't invite the scrutiny, dig deep and uncover more than what was initially reported, then make sure the NCAA knows everything. Plowman knew what she was doing by hiring an outside firm that espouses full disclosure. She made a play.

Boyd's a smart guy, and he knows sports. He knows how programs are run. Pruitt was an unpopular, losing HC and UT needed to clean up a big mess, but everybody above Fulmer wasn't deaf and blind to everything happening under his watch. UT eliminated some problems, saved some money (we'll see how that plays out) and gets a do-over, but Plowman just put the program and everybody in it under a microscope.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back