Recruiting Forum Football Talk III

Status
Not open for further replies.
If he is even interested, you pay him what he wants and you bring him back immediately. If we have even the slightest chance to make that good of hire with all that has gone down you do it and do it now.

Otherwise, we will have Steele as interim for next year at the very least. Maybe longer.

You’re right.

I think Kiffin has done well at Ole Miss.

However, it’s a risk to bring him back considering he doesn’t stay at the same job very long.

They aren’t the same, but basketball was investigated by the FBI. Basketball is much dirtier. You can find a stable coach who develops for the NFL and can then retain local talent. Just have to find the right one.
I agree with you that basketball is dirtier. The sheer numbers of players almost makes it impossible. I agree that kids come here for Barnes to develop. But look at the ones who do? They are few and far between. Hard to find enough of those to field a football team.

You’re right.

I think Kiffin has done well at Ole Miss.

However, it’s a risk to bring him back considering he doesn’t stay at the same job very long.
If Kiffin REALLY wants to be here... He really says this is the job he would take above all other jobs.. Fine. 30 million dollar buyout.

Kiffin's loyalty is nothing a good contract can't fix.

I don’t like the idea of hiring Kiffin this year. That means he never learned his lesson of burning us after one year and he would do it again to us as soon as a better job came open.
If kiffin wants this job so bad, he must think its the best job on earth and would never leave. (again)

It needs to. Imagine the redemption arc when we are in Atlanta

Imagine the couch burning when he gets us to 9 wins and then leaves for Florida or Michigan or whoever else he thinks is a “better” job. I love the idea of Kiffin back but if he came here after one year at OM he has zero loyalty.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back