Recruiting Forum Football Talk III

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search firm will be working on new AD in short order.

while this investigation was going on a few of us were already hard at work on talking to possible coaches. I mean like weeks ago. But we have to keep the media out of this junk it hasn’t been good for the program. We still have to get through this investigation mind you...that is still hanging in the clouds above us.
Is Freeze even an option on the table AV?

but dont their contracts end in a few days? why would they have to fire for cause?

There’s not many left.

Can’t see it being Chaney
Maybe Ansley but doubtful
Felton, maybe but I doubt it
Graham, hmm. Hasn’t he been in hot water before? aTm maybe?

Search firm will be working on new AD in short order.

while this investigation was going on a few of us were already hard at work on talking to possible coaches. I mean like weeks ago. But we have to keep the media out of this junk it hasn’t been good for the program. We still have to get through this investigation mind you...that is still hanging in the clouds above us.
Were you positive that a change would be made all along?

While we’re putting respect on people’s names, how about Fanrun and Trey Wallace? I think a lot of people are starting to or will realize that AP and Hubbs and these other pay sites aren’t going to tell you the truth. The Brice, Basillio, and Wallace’s of the world are the ones to look to for info like this.

Doubtful, don't forget that Boyd and Barnes set down and made that work. UCLA was -the- job to pull Barnes, don't think there is any other job that could do that, especially after Boyd made things happen to get Barnes happy.
What made UCLA so special. I could easily see IU making a run at him. Depending on the AD they could easily want all of their guys in place.

It's gonna be Steele interim for 2021 isn't it?

Honestly, at this point, that wouldn't be the worst. We probably lose a lot of the '22 superstar class, but taking time and doing it right isn't a bad thing. We aren't going to be good this year anyway so just play the long game.

Wait until you get it right. Don’t sacrifice the long term for the short term. Offer $20MM per year and you’ll get your guy.

THIS IS EXACTLY RIGHT!!! UT is obsessed with control and power! They can throw money around all they want but until they let a coach be CEO nothing changes!!!!!!!!!!!

It's infuriating!

In my opinion, this is the most important hire UT will make.

We are one notch from becoming Vandy (no pun intended).

If we screw this one up, UT will become a doormat for the SEC for years to come.

We, absolutely CANNOT screw this up.

Go get who you want make them SAY NO!!! Quit screwing around with Projects and Coordinators.

That’s all this was, was a project or experiment. They thought CF could groom and guide Pruitt and it was a Utter failure.

Man F these reporters trying to bash us, Greg just went 3-6 and the 3 teams he beat all finished with just 2 wins. That dude would have crumbled in the SEC.

Rutgers hadn’t won a conference game in 2 seasons I don’t think.

Didn’t this board praise Sam Pittman for going 3-7 bc Ark didn’t win a conf game last year?

I’m not defending Schiano as a person or his past actions but it certainly at least seems he’s not a bad football coach

The idea that they're going to hire a home run coach is beyond me at this point. They've done nothing but make disaster hires since Phil. They don't even hire coaches with winning records. Why should I believe that's going to change?

Hint: It's not.

Hopefully reports about Boyd and Plowman are right. Stabilize the program with the right hire. Target your person and get them, whatever the cost

While I do understand your sentiment there, unfortunately, he is reporting the truth. We are a joke and should just shut down football for a year to get all our affairs in order before coming back.

This spring will be ugly with transfers, then next year we will be lucky to be playing with 60 scholarship players of SEC caliber.
Pruitt needed to go. And while optics are bad about how it was handled. We shouldnt be removing AD Fulmer. It makes me seriously question any and all positions of leadership at that University. It's a disgrace.

Now we've set ourselves back much more so.

Around Denny's.

We do not need him around the program. Thanks for '98. But we need to be done living in the past.

What is the benefit of having Fulmer around? His love for UT? Lots of people love UT. People that have done way less damage than Fulmer.

Eh I won’t change your mind. If you resort to fat jokes, says a lot after all. But he is a good man, Tennessee legend. And I’ll die on that hill. Thankful for Fulmer.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back