Recruiting Forum Football Talk III

Status
Not open for further replies.
How the hell did firing the dude that turned us into a talentless garbage dump "hurt our brand"

Everybody with any football sense that watched the program knew he had broken it beyond repair. The culture was 💩, the S&C was 💩, the recruiting was 💩, the coaching staff was 💩, development was 💩..etc etc etc...

And then as a exclamation point, he put the worst team in UT history on the field his last year..he absolutely deserved to be 💩canned.

Don't Hold back. :)

Reactions: Ulysees E. McGill
Hope we hear something this week.
First, I’d make Campbell say no. Next 3 calls would be Lane, Freeze, and lastly Gus to see who has the best plan for staff and how to renew this **** show of a program.
I'm with you except Gus. I'd rather have Fisher or Marrone than Gus. JMO

If Tennessee makes a move, why would we not target Herman? I understand that he isn't a grand slam, proven championship coach, but he has more of an upside than Chadwell or Marrone IMO. Losing the Texas job may have put a chip on his shoulder and I like the success from the Meyer tree. Don't believe the talk coming from Texas.

Reactions: Aesius and UTopia
I'm not sure if Chadwell would be a great hire or not. Risky for sure. But he doesn't run the triple option, guys. This isn't like hiring Paul Johnson so that rhetoric needs to stop.

I'm also not sure If I would want to risk a hire with a guy who has never coached in the power 5 at a place like TN that is currently a dumpster fire, or if I'd rather go the safe route with a Marrone or Fisher who could hire a great staff and stabilize this thing with their experience.

He absolutely does run a version of the triple option lmao. Read the first few lines of all of this article, which give great breakdowns -
Coastal Carolina's Two-Headed Backfield

After watching more games and offense breakdowns though I realize that Salter could win a Heisman in this offense. It would be very similar to the Ravens and if McCall could look as good this year as a Freshman I imagine someone like Salter could dominate. But God help Chadwell the first time he loses 4 yards on one of his more tricky plays because VN will erupt on him for his gimmicky offense.

Reactions: Vols4us
He absolutely does run a version of the triple option lmao. Read the first few lines of all of this article, which give great breakdowns -

After watching more games and offense breakdowns though I realize that Salter could win a Heisman in this offense. It would be very similar to the Ravens and if McCall could look as good this year as a Freshman I imagine someone like Salter could dominate. But God help Chadwell the first time he loses 4 yards on one of his more tricky plays because VN will erupt on him for his gimmicky offense.

Dude hasn’t taken one snap in college football and you think he could win the Heisman?

I'm with you except Gus. I'd rather have Fisher or Marrone than Gus. JMO
Gus and Marrone are a 3a and 3b for me. I only lead towards Gus for his familiarity with the SEC. Both would/need be ceo type last ditch effort.
I’d offer Gus, IF, he gave complete control to a good OC and let it be.

He doesn't run it in a traditional way is the point. Someone had the offensive stats in here a few pages ago. They have basically equal rushing and passing yards. This isn't a traditional triple option offense. Paul Johnson only passed to surprise teams. CC passes the ball all over the field.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back