Recruiting Forum Football Talk III

Status
Not open for further replies.
Steele has the same setup as Butch did and is in a position to do something similar. He provides a lot of flexibility for UT. He's an experienced defensive mind who could wear multiple hats and help provide continuity for whatever. And yes, he could play many roles, depending on the outcome of the investigation. People get so locked into one idea while UT is looking at options.

Pragmatically he is also 62 years old. That screams of bridge coach again... Don't get me wrong. I like Kevin Steele, but as a DC, not sure about as head coach...

That is the ugliest portion of God's creation I've ever seen ... at least top three.
tenor.gif

Pragmatically he is also 62 years old. That screams of bridge coach again... Don't get me wrong. I like Kevin Steele, but as a DC, not sure about as head coach...
Yep. The fluid statement means that he will be given the interim tag when Pruitt is fired. He squeaks out a 6-6 record next year and the permanent head coach he will be.

Reactions: nicksjuzunk
Steele has the same setup as Butch did and is in a position to do something similar. He provides a lot of flexibility for UT. He's an experienced defensive mind who could wear multiple hats and help provide continuity for whatever. And yes, he could play many roles, depending on the outcome of the investigation. People get so locked into one idea while UT is looking at options.
Garner coming too?

Chadwell could be a good hire. 11 years head coaching experience and he's an offensive coach. He's not an SEC boy but he's got geographic ties. Wonder how well he would recruit the Carolinas and Georgia. Plus, he's young and looks cool. Pruitt looks decidedly uncool, so it would be refreshing to have a head coach who doesn't have a conehead and a permanently arched eyebrow like he just smelled a stout fart.

“Young and looks cool.” More important than people think
And he wears a visor, don't forget all cool coaches wear visors...... 🤦🏻‍♂️

Bc he’s a HC of an FBS school already, has made a name for himself on the national stage, and will get HC offers whether it be this season or next.

Demoting yourself isn’t adding to your resumé.

So if his offense was proven to work in the SEC, that wouldn't improve his resume?

You can tell in Pruitts demeanor he doesn’t wanna be here anymore he’s dejected and checked out and has been since the UK game.
I think he knew right then that he had screwed the season and his career by putting all his offseason eggs in the JG basket and making some bad coaching hires and moves.

Reactions: RiotVol
Latest from Bob on 247...

The investigation is centered around Mims and Washington. There are others involved currently on the team as well. I will not give those names. Pruitt will be gone soon. He has yet to be interviewed. Once all the other interviews have taken place, they will present Pruitt with their findings and options moving forward. None of which include him staying. Pruitt will be gone this week. I have heard discussions have centered around Marrone and Chadwell as the next coach. Marrone would bring Steele as the DC and Garner as DL. Going to be an interesting week.

AP just said no to Chadwell and Steele combo.
I mean, this is common sense.

If it is Chadwell, he won't come if you force a staff on him. He will want to choose and should be given that opportunity.

THe Steele talks to me are a bit more worrisome. There are only two logical reasons you talk to him:

1. You want him to be the Head Coach
2. You have decided Jeremy is staying and Ansley is leaving and you are talking to him about being a DC or taking an analyst role like Butch at bama

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back