Recruiting Forum Football Talk III

Status
Not open for further replies.
“Napier doesn’t want this job”

- Price

No coach in their right mind should want this job honestly. And I’m a fan.

Too much BS behind the scenes with everyone positioning themselves to achieve more power instead of all being on the same page and pulling in one direction. It’s a toxic environment.

Gonna have to settle for some ambitious coach who likely isn’t qualified. Unless we hire one of these old cats from the NFL that want to try their hand in college again.

I'm not sure if Chadwell would be a great hire or not. Risky for sure. But he doesn't run the triple option, guys. This isn't like hiring Paul Johnson so that rhetoric needs to stop.

I'm also not sure If I would want to risk a hire with a guy who has never coached in the power 5 at a place like TN that is currently a dumpster fire, or if I'd rather go the safe route with a Marrone or Fisher who could hire a great staff and stabilize this thing with their experience.

I'm not sure if Chadwell would be a great hire or not. Risky for sure. But he doesn't run the triple option, guys. This isn't like hiring Paul Johnson so that rhetoric needs to stop.

I'm also not sure If I would want to risk a hire with a guy who has never coached in the power 5 at a place like TN that is currently a dumpster fire, or if I'd rather go the safe route with a Marrone or Fisher who could hire a great staff and stabilize this thing with their experience.

Fisher and Marrone will both be boring.

Ansley has been looking for a way out. Pruitt wants to hire another defensive coach. So there's a path to make a hire with several scenarios for how it plays out. A lot of people would like to see Steele back at UT, and the role could be fluid.
So basically UT is going to try to force Steele on the new coach or hire Steele as the new coach lol this place is great

Guys, it’s Jamey.

Coaches are not afraid of coming to UT. Facilities and fan support are great, but firing Butch hurt our brand and the hiring process after Butch hurt us even more. Coaches enjoy a challenge, but admin hurdles and unreasonable fan bases are just headaches.
How the hell did firing the dude that turned us into a talentless garbage dump "hurt our brand"

Everybody with any football sense that watched the program knew he had broken it beyond repair. The culture was 💩, the S&C was 💩, the recruiting was 💩, the coaching staff was 💩, development was 💩..etc etc etc...

And then as a exclamation point, he put the worst team in UT history on the field his last year..he absolutely deserved to be 💩canned.

Reactions: RiotVol
Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back