Recruiting Forum Football Talk III

Status
Not open for further replies.
3-9 to National champions if I remember correctly. 2010-2011. The Cam Newton effect.

It was 2012 (3-9) to 2013 (12-2), and they lost to FSU and Winston in the title game. No Cam Newton.

However, biggest thing was that Malzahn had been at Auburn as OC up through 2011. His leaving to coach Arky State led to Chizik’s downfall in 2012. When Gus arrived, he walked into a room full of players he recruited and who knew his system. Not sure Heupel shares those advantages. Plus, despite that early success, it was not an indicator of Gus’s long-term potential as a coach.

Anyone know the biggest turn around in W/L from one year to the next with a new coach in the SEC? Because that's probably a more reasonable ceiling than the ones I've seen the last few pages. It just doesn't happen overnight. I don't care how good Heupel is, I don't care if we had Saban and Urban co-coaching, we are not winning 11 games.
1999 LSU went from 3-9 to 8-4 to SEC champs with a coaching change…. I will take that.

6 definite wins?! Where have you been the last decade?
If you don’t think we’re better than the 4 non conference, South Carolina, Vanderbilt I don’t know what to say.

We definitely can lose to Pitt because it’s early in the year and offense is getting worked out. But we have more talent than them. I don’t care how many transfers we had.

If we lose that game we will have problems

If you don’t think we’re better than the 4 non conference, South Carolina, Vanderbilt I don’t know what to say.

We definitely can lose to Pitt because it’s early in the year and offense is getting worked out. But we have more talent than them. I don’t care how many transfers we had.

If we lose that game we will have problems
Were we not better than plenty of teams we've lost to over the last decade? Since when do we win every single game where we have more highly rated recruits than the other team? And have you compared our new roster post mass exodus to Pitt?

Just crazy to me that you can have watched us the last decade and say we have 6 guaranteed wins because our recruiting rankings are higher than those 6 teams.

Were we not better than plenty of teams we've lost to over the last decade? Since when do we win every single game where we have more highly rated recruits than the other team? And have you compared our new roster post mass exodus to Pitt?

Just crazy to me that you can have watched us the last decade and say we have 6 guaranteed wins because our recruiting rankings are higher than those 6 teams.
It's just as crazy as you saying we don't ... because neither know. Its a prediction. Calm your balls.

I feel like you have to be well known in the Publix corporation by now, @Catbone. Like if I go to my local Publix deli, I bet I could ask them about you, because there had to be an “Incident Report, Please Read” email sent out to all the employees.
Ha.. Idk if it's true but my Store Manager said the Publix VP called in to talk about it making sure I was ok. Maybe I can use it to my advantage to get an IT job in corporate

I missed responding to one of your earlier posts. The crankier you are, the longer you live. So by my reckoning, you will see 6 national championships here at Tennessee before you pass in 2057. 🤠🙏
🤣🤣 Hell bro...you just made me laugh, so that means you took time off my life dang you..😉

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back