Recruiting Forum Football Talk III

Status
Not open for further replies.
I feel like that's the situation we are in right now. We have three guys that can, and will, win games. All three are capable. The only downside is that the longer the competition goes the less rhythm the starter might have with the offense, esp. the WRs. That can be remedied after a few games.

- Bailey is a darn good QB, and Huep can mold the playbook around him if needed.
- Milton has won games, and he's played well not at full-health. I fully believe the lack of success at Michigan isn't his fault. I think he's a better runner than he's demonstrated at UM.
- Hooker has won games with his arm and legs at VT, and lost games that can really be blamed on their defense (38-35 type games). He's been pretty dynamic with his legs at times.

We're going to score points regardless of who is taking the snaps. Honestly, I'm pretty optimistic and glad everyone is overlooking us. *puts cup on*
I think they said they want to have the starter named, even though not publicly they hoped and laughed at, so they could work on that rhythm and timing. That's the best way but still be giving #2 on the depth chart time to get work in in case the one picked to start can't handle games. (That was hard typing #2 while talking about QBs.)

Reactions: tnvols72
Strictly from a talent standpoint, who on our schedule is more talented? GA, Bama for sure, FL? I'd say we're at the worst even or better than the rest.
Yes, we're even or better than all but the 3. We're just too jaded to enjoy that because of what we have managed to do with talent for quite a while.

Last edited:
Hey, look @VolsDoc81TX! I did that multi quote thing without trying.
black-kid-hand-frowb-scratches-head.gif

@GiggerVol

I don’t feel like going back days to find your posts. I’m overloaded with fresh ripe tomatoes (a good problem to have); can you share your canning recipe/process?

Thanks!
Yes, a good problem to have. 1st off, we pick our a day or two before ready for canning, meaning ripe from top to bottom. we can the tomatoes but me and the wife both enjoy and prefer making and canning the juice. Nothing beats a good, cold glass of homemade tomato juice imo, especially during breakfast! We begin by bringing a large pot of water to near boil, then place several tomatoes in the pot. It doesn't take but a few minutes for the tomatoes to reach a point where the outer peeling or skin as we call it to easily be removed from the tomatoes. We move the real hot ones from the pot into a side of our double sink with 4 or 5 inches of water in it. Once you remove the "skin", cut each tomato into 4ths and place in an empty large pot.
Keep repeating this process until the pot is almost full. Place on the stove and allow to come to a boil. Then turn the heat down to around medium and occasionally stir. Hopefully, you already have quart jars, unused lids and the rings. When you have turned the heat down and begin the stirring, take 7 or 8 jars and place in the oven to heat up.(around 200 degrees) and take a small pan with a little water in it and turn on to boil. Place the same amount of unused lids in this pan as number of jars you are warming.
The large pot of tomatoes should only take 25 -30 minutes once the heat was turned down to be ready for canning. Hope you already have a large box of iodized salt. Place a tablespoon of the salt into each jar you are canningRemove one jar at a time from the oven and place next or very close to the pot. We use a basic coffee mug with an old canning "funnel" for pouring the tomatoes into the jars. Once the jar is filled almost to the rim, have a clean rag or paper towel handy to wipe off the top and edges of the jar. Place one of the hot lids onto the jar followed by the ring and thoroghly tighten
Repeat this process til all tomatoes are canned. After 30 minutes or so, you will start hearing a "ping" sound once for each jar canned. This will bring a smile and means the process worked and the jar sealed.

The only added step for doing juice instead of tomatoes is having a tomato strainer, which catches all the seeds etc from going into the big pot prior to boiling. I hope this makes sense and if you have any questions etc, I will be glad to try and help.

Yes, a good problem to have. 1st off, we pick our a day or two before ready for canning, meaning ripe from top to bottom. we can the tomatoes but me and the wife both enjoy and prefer making and canning the juice. Nothing beats a good, cold glass of homemade tomato juice imo, especially during breakfast! We begin by bringing a large pot of water to near boil, then place several tomatoes in the pot. It doesn't take but a few minutes for the tomatoes to reach a point where the outer peeling or skin as we call it to easily be removed from the tomatoes. We move the real hot ones from the pot into a side of our double sink with 4 or 5 inches of water in it. Once you remove the "skin", cut each tomato into 4ths and place in an empty large pot.
Keep repeating this process until the pot is almost full. Place on the stove and allow to come to a boil. Then turn the heat down to around medium and occasionally stir. Hopefully, you already have quart jars, unused lids and the rings. When you have turned the heat down and begin the stirring, take 7 or 8 jars and place in the oven to heat up.(around 200 degrees) and take a small pan with a little water in it and turn on to boil. Place the same amount of unused lids in this pan as number of jars you are warming.
The large pot of tomatoes should only take 25 -30 minutes once the heat was turned down to be ready for canning. Hope you already have a large box of iodized salt. Place a tablespoon of the salt into each jar you are canningRemove one jar at a time from the oven and place next or very close to the pot. We use a basic coffee mug with an old canning "funnel" for pouring the tomatoes into the jars. Once the jar is filled almost to the rim, have a clean rag or paper towel handy to wipe off the top and edges of the jar. Place one of the hot lids onto the jar followed by the ring and thoroghly tighten
Repeat this process til all tomatoes are canned. After 30 minutes or so, you will start hearing a "ping" sound once for each jar canned. This will bring a smile and means the process worked and the jar sealed.

The only added step for doing juice instead of tomatoes is having a tomato strainer, which catches all the seeds etc from going into the big pot prior to boiling. I hope this makes sense and if you have any questions etc, I will be glad to try and help.

TL;DR

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back