Recruiting Forum Football Talk III

Status
Not open for further replies.
Here are the facts: we know that Joe Milton in game three last year had a heavily wrapped thumb so I decided to look at his first two game averages:

Joe was 23.5- 36.5 for 64% 265 yards .5 TD 0 int
Joe ran for 10-55.5 yards 5.55 ypc .5 TDs
After the injury, he didn’t really run the ball any more.
min his two games….he completed a higher % of passes and averaged more yards per carry than Josh Dobbs…. He also averaged more rushing yards per game than Dobbs in every besides Dobbs senior season when he averaged 63 yards per game….
Joe Milton may be a better runner than most are giving him credit for bc it is obvious the thumb injury really hindered him last season.

His thumb hindered his feet? :D

I remember people telling me they hated Pruitt when he arrived and he basically ignored the players who were there and eventually things caught up with the Bama Prick. Talked to someone who has been up there awhile and as of now, you have true buy in with the guys in the program. Not sure how the season will go but the players really love the staff and it seems malcontents have either left or straightened up. Just play hard and fight till the final whistle and be a competitive team and I will be happy. Not sure what the landscape of college football will look like in the future but if the traditions and the game as I have known it become a shell of what I fell in love with, I will still follow it but will not support it like I have in the past. Enjoy this year because it may be one of the last years that will have some semblance of what we love about the game.

Last edited:
There are plenty of examples of QB’s not doing much until they get in the right system paired with the right coach, and then they sort of explode onto the scene. Here’s to hoping that is the situation with Milton.

The fact that one QB has not just taken the reins and run with them is at the top of a surprisingly shortlist of fall camp disappointments to me.
I prefer to think we have 3 that can get the job done. I remember when we used to have QB battles where it basically came down to just who the coaches had a gut feeling about. Those were the good ole days.... But time will tell.

I’m sorry but there are 6 definite wins on our schedule, 2 easily obtainable wins, 1 “I can see it happening” win.

Bla bla bla orange glasses bla bla bla

I’ll say 7-5 conservatively

Pitt is the game this year that sets the pace. Lose that one and in the words of Carl Lewis singing the anthem…. Uh oh

I prefer to think we have 3 that can get the job done. I remember when we used to have QB battles where it basically came down to just who the coaches had a gut feeling about. Those were the good ole days.... But time will tell.
I feel like that's the situation we are in right now. We have three guys that can, and will, win games. All three are capable. The only downside is that the longer the competition goes the less rhythm the starter might have with the offense, esp. the WRs. That can be remedied after a few games.

- Bailey is a darn good QB, and Huep can mold the playbook around him if needed.
- Milton has won games, and he's played well not at full-health. I fully believe the lack of success at Michigan isn't his fault. I think he's a better runner than he's demonstrated at UM.
- Hooker has won games with his arm and legs at VT, and lost games that can really be blamed on their defense (38-35 type games). He's been pretty dynamic with his legs at times.

We're going to score points regardless of who is taking the snaps. Honestly, I'm pretty optimistic and glad everyone is overlooking us. *puts cup on*

Talked to someone who has been up there awhile and as of now, you have true buy in with the guys in the program. Not sure how the season will go but the players really love the staff and it seems malcontents have either left or straightened up.

No offense to your contact but we hear the same with every coaching change. Then the blowouts begin, bad attitudes emerge, and many players visibly stop making the effort. I hope they can stay bought in and make the games respectable so the rebuild doesn’t stall like it did under Pruitt.

No offense to your contact but we hear the same with every coaching change. Then the blowouts begin, bad attitudes emerge, and many players visibly stop making the effort. I hope they can stay bought in and make the games respectable so the rebuild doesn’t stall like it did under Pruitt.

Not really. Guys who had been there did not like Pruitt. He treated them and their family the same way. Like crap. We needed him to be the guy but he never was. People loathe him from the beginning unless they were his recruits. Now we really know what that means. One last thing, it will be interesting how things go if they face adversity. Good thing is we do have a staff of experienced coaches.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back