Recruiting Forum Football Talk III

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've just always wondered how Wilt would fair against someone like Shaq. The game has changed so much over the years.
I like Shaq but honestly Wilt in his prime would've schooled Shaq.. One thing you have to remember about Wilt, along with his off the charts athleticism, was his ridiculous strength. There are several stories out there, documenting his physical strength..

He was a generational talent and would be a force today, as he was decades ago..

I like Shaq but honestly Wilt in his prime would've schooled Shaq.. One thing you have to remember about Wilt, along with his off the charts athleticism, was his ridiculous strength. There are several stories out there, documenting his physical strength..

He was a generational talent and would be a force today, as he was decades ago..
Could you imagine wilt with the training they have available today?

Seems like we should have at least 3, possibly 4 if we appeal for Washington's spot back and win. Plus, can we count forward? Heupel may be willing to sacrifice spots in the next class to get help now.
Something about the appeals. Some we’re getting initials back...some we’re not. As far as going towards the next class? Remember we don’t know exactly how many initials we have in that class...pending sanctions.

I've seen pics of Wilt when he played. The man was a beanpole. Not saying he didn't have strength, but it's not comparable to Shaq's. Wilt would definitely have more finesse, but Shaq wins when it comes to muscle. All due respect to Wilt, he was a great player for his time. I just don't know if it would transfer to how the game was played in the late '80' and through the '90's when it was more physical. He could probably play in the current league tho, with as soft as it has become.

Reactions: ACvol3

Plus his skill set. The man decided one season he would lead the league in assists...and did it. Similarly he was a level above Shaq in post moves and shooting range. His only kryptonite was Bill Russell.

Something about the appeals. Some we’re getting initials back...some we’re not. As far as going towards the next class? Remember we don’t know exactly how many initials we have in that class...pending sanctions.
Just guessing, but I bet the coaches have a fair idea what the sanctions will be, including any scholarship reductions. At least what we plan to self impose as it will be awhile before any official NCAA ruling.

I've seen pics of Wilt when he played. The man was a beanpole. Not saying he didn't have strength, but it's not comparable to Shaq's. Wilt would definitely have more finesse, but Shaq wins when it comes to muscle. All due respect to Wilt, he was a great player for his time. I just don't know if it would transfer to how the game was played in the late '80' and through the '90's when it was more physical. He could probably play in the current league tho, with as soft as it has become.
“When he played”. That’s key. Give him modern day nutrition and fitness regimens and he would have been the ultimate cheat code. Think Kobe Bryant level dogma in the post. While Shaq was a modern day force of nature, he cost himself with his unhealthy lifestyle. He had muscle but even more BULK. Wilt was nowhere near soft. He didn’t have anyone who could physically match up with him ceptin Bill Russell.

Just guessing, but I bet the coaches have a fair idea what the sanctions will be, including any scholarship reductions. At least what we plan to self impose as it will be awhile before any official NCAA ruling.
Then we could take our lead from what they do add...or don’t. Having an idea vs what happens being the crux.

“When he played”. That’s key. Give him modern day nutrition and fitness regimens and he would have been the ultimate cheat code. Think Kobe Bryant level dogma in the post. While Shaq was a modern day force of nature, he cost himself with his unhealthy lifestyle. He had muscle but even more BULK. Wilt was nowhere near soft. He didn’t have anyone who could physically match up with him ceptin Bill Russell.
1620126173730.gif

If you are bringing Wilt into the modern age, you have to bring in updated nutrition, strength & conditioning and recovery as well.

He would be a much better player
Zackly. David Ubben made a crack about Pete Maravich retiring after being guarded one quarter by Patrick Beverley. Train that man his whole life with AAU camps and then unleash him on a league that Luka Doncik dominates.

With all due respect, you need to do a deeper dive into Wilt..

Plus his skill set. The man decided one season he would lead the league in assists...and did it. Similarly he was a level above Shaq in post moves and shooting range. His only kryptonite was Bill Russell.
And later in his career, like Shaq, free throws.. He admitted later that he was a nut job when it came to free throws.. I read he used to be able to satnd at the top of the key (inside the key) and dunk from the foul line, until they made that illegal.. One of many rules changes attributed to Wilt.

I don't know why it is that some think that "freak athletic humans" haven't existed throughout the history of man..

giphy.gif

@Glitch - Is this where you learned the hokey pokey?

3orif0K5SbolXuXhZe.gif

Smaller than Shaq but still about 50 pounds heavier than Kareem.
"Wilt used to work out with the Terminator (Arnold Schwarzenegger) during the time when Arnold first came to the U.S. as a bodybuilder. Wilt got his bench press up to 500 pounds. Shaq could only bench about 450, probably less now.

When Wilt was 59 years old, he was STILL able to bench 465, which is more that Shaq has ever been able to do. Wilt was 63 when he died."

Wilt Chamberlain: Did he really play in a weak era?

"Wilt used to work out with the Terminator (Arnold Schwarzenegger) during the time when Arnold first came to the U.S. as a bodybuilder. Wilt got his bench press up to 500 pounds. Shaq could only bench about 450, probably less now.

When Wilt was 59 years old, he was STILL able to bench 465, which is more that Shaq has ever been able to do. Wilt was 63 when he died."

Wilt Chamberlain: Did he really play in a weak era?
That is very hard for me to believe

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back