Recruiting Forum Football Talk III

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wonder if he will be co-DC here or sole DC?
Wait.... Who's he Co-DCing with?

DC search....
iu

So does Steele stay as LBs coach, or as an analyst, or will he leave? If he coaches LBs, that leaves 2 positions to fill.

Penn State was 24th in passing yards allowed in 2020 with 198.6 yards and 42nd in completion percentage given up at 59%. If that's "not very good" I'll freaking take it in a heartbeat! We finished 104th in yards and 125th in completion percentage for comparison.

As long as he can teach our secondary to cover the middle of the field I will take it!

Reactions: VolsDoc81TX
Banks was Franklin’s proposed DC for his staff when he was contemplating coming here. DW interviewed him then. I guess there is some justice in getting a key staff member from Franklin. Banks is a great back end coach, and very good at adapting his formations to opponents. He will be a good fit with Garner. He is also close to many inner city coaches in Memphis and Detroit. He’ll bring players here in 22. Great at identifying and developing back end talent.
That's what I'm talking bout.

Someone said on here admin wanted a diversity hire is there any actually evidence to corroborate that or is that just some thing else the vn rumor mill churned out?

Reactions: volsnvikes
Jancek and Banks were co DCs at Cinn for two years 2010-2011; Banks left in 2012 to be co DC at Illinois and Jancek was DC at Cinn in Butch's last year; course he came here in that role.
Could Jancek and Banks be reunited on this staff?
If they liked working together before, they why not. Seems Jancek has been interviewed by JH for a position awhile back, or so it was reported......

Reactions: MrVolton and Yazzy
Don't count Steele out as a LB or even secondary coaches role.
I like the hire. Franklin is known as a defensive coach. This guy has been co DC for him for 5+ years. Also worked with Tommy West at Memphis. Was DC for Butch at CMU and co DC at Cinn when he was winning conference championships at CMU and Cinn. Banks can coach LBs or a secondary position. Garner has DL job covered. Have open spots on D side. One will be a LB coach and one will be a secondary coach I would think.
Love to see Jancek in the secondary role. Im pretty sure that Jancek and Banks were co DCs together at Cinn under Butch in 2010 and 2011.
You lost me at Jancek.

For where it appeared we were heading, this is a great hire -a sitting DC who has 25 years of coaching experience and can recruit and develop.

• Banks helped run a defense that ranked fifth nationally against the run (95.0) and eighth in scoring (16.0) in 2019. The Nittany Lions additionally led the nation in forced fumbles (22) and were tied for third in fewest touchdown passes allowed (10).
  • Penn State gave up just 16.0 points per game (8th), the fewest for PSU since the 2009 squad allowed 12.2 tallies per contest.

Good stuff...pair it with the Heupel offense and let’s go!

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back