Recruiting Forum Football Talk III

Status
Not open for further replies.
Maybe I'm off on this, but if I'm a DC candidate I would be excited to be on the other side of this offense. I feel like it would be less pressure. The focus seems to be mostly on the offense and how many points they score. People generally understand that we are going to give up yards and points but out of 15-18 possessions (up from around 10-13), If I can generally create 6-8 stops a game we basically win the game most of the time.

I think someone who is afraid of their reputation taking a hit and has aspirations to keep moving up the ladder would naturally shy away from this job because your defensive statistics are going to probably look terrible upon first glance from a prospective employer. However, I think given the context of everything being done on a larger scale (possessions), that can easily be explained. Nonetheless, I think this job might be best for somebody looking to stay awhile.

I hope our fans understand this difference when comparing defensive rankings. It would be a minor miracle to be a top 40 defense in this type of system. I remember Dino Babers saying once that they don't expect their defense to be a top defense. I believe he said something like their goal is to be top 60. There are just more possessions per game and therefore more yards gained and given up. You're essentially playing the game on a different scale and betting on your opponent not having as good of an offense as you have over a longer period of time. If your defense plays well for an extended period that's just a bonus.

Is this your ride?

images
Totally uncalled for. You Sir have been reported

We have gone from a sheen of ice on the deck to about 1/8" of ice in about 15 minutes. If it is raining Hard and it's all ice is it ICING? It's not sleet, were talking big ice drops, It is not exactly normal at any rate.

It’s one crazy ass weather event but the sleet is good. Way better than more rain

Reactions: VOLSONLY
Yea but we all seem to suggest JH should be running the show now.
I don’t buy DW is hiring these folks

I buy that the program is in such shambles that JH is struggling
Then DW needs to prop him up. Wasn't JH hired by DW because he thought JH was the man for the job?

You have to over-reach and speculate way beyond any discernable evidence. Calling him Danny Disney is not funny, either. It just seems like you enjoy the coaching searches more than anything else and your goal is to make as many people as you can as mad as you possibly can.
I don’t like poor leadership or a poor plan.

Both got us in our current situation - and both continue throughout the DC search.

I wasn't initially excited about Washington, but reading up on him, I got excited. I was excited about Rodgers. Other than those two, none of the other names have really inspired confidence. Conklin was "meh, we'll see what he can do". Price and T-Rob, I was more like, "I hope we can do better." House is more like how I felt about Conklin.
Just curious as to how you felt excited about Washington and Rodgers with their shortcomings, but meh about a guy who Coordinated a 6th ranked defense at Kentucky...freakin KENTUCKY...that's pretty good proof of concept to me.

Reactions: VOLSONLY
Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back