Recruiting Forum Football Talk III

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not offended at all. There's very few people on this site that I care what their opinion of me is. You are one of them. I'm not sure why you considered my post below my normal standards. It's been said that they are going out their way to make a "diversity" hire. My point was when do we try to hire the best person regardless of color? We've tried and struck out with multiple african american coaches for both the head coach and the defensive coordinator. At so e point in time we need to just make a hire.
That is very true. I had been reading numerous posts about it and I really don't think that was their sole focus. I think that they tried very hard to contact as many qualified coaches as possible and wanted to be sure that they gave equal opportunity. I care what you think of me also, and I have been pretty testy lately. Not sure what it is. I think we both want the best possible coach for our defense and that is what matters at the end of the day.

That is some bullcrap...I hope whoever did it is permanently banned.
Saw some people saying Hank had been doxed, but never saw it myself. Two thoughts on it. One, whoever did it is a jackass. No need to "out" anyone, even if you don't like them. Just an unnecessary action. Two, if you're concerned about keeping your anonymity, be careful how much you share. Lots of people are jackasses. They look for opportunities to screw people over.

Hope Hank comes back. I may not agree with all of his takes, but he's entertaining.

Thanks, man, for dragging me back into the sh!t heap. My point was that UT wants to explore diversity candidates from all backgrounds-- and the university does exactly that as a matter of policy. The president and chancellor have said that numerous times in numerous venues, in support of UT's diversity program and its formal guidelines, which apply to all departments.

I did not say that anybody is mandating hiring someone of a specific color or ignoring or passing over people of a different color, gender, ethnicity or sexual persuasion. I did not say this is why it's taking so long to complete the staff, nor did I imply that hiring a minority (of any minority group) is "less than" or "not as qualified" as any other hire. It's neither mutually inclusive or exclusive.
That sounds better, and reasonable.

Reactions: VOLSONLY
I’m not excited about House, so it’ll probably be him...
I wasn't initially excited about Washington, but reading up on him, I got excited. I was excited about Rodgers. Other than those two, none of the other names have really inspired confidence. Conklin was "meh, we'll see what he can do". Price and T-Rob, I was more like, "I hope we can do better." House is more like how I felt about Conklin.

Reactions: preacherwebb
Hope that @HankHill is ok. Heard that someone on here outed him with his real name. Hope that is not true. If it is true, shame on that person.
If true I hope that person is banned. Not cool. Hank is one of my favorite posters. But shouldn't do that to anyone.

What others are must haves?
Beef chili, pork tenderloin stew, the baked ziti is incredible. I love the black bean chicken salad over a bed of rice. Then there are the enchilada casserole and chicken and dumplings. These are my absolute favorites with the oatmeal and Queso. Get scoops for the Queso, you can fit more in.

How many seniors do they have in their organization? Sounds like a cushy job. What does he do for them? Shop? Prepare meals? Run them to the doctor?
Senior assistant coach - I assume it is a Quality Control job - pays between 50 - 100,000 - working 60 hours a week

Reactions: drvenner
I know a person attempting to sell a bluetick pup. UKC registered. What should I know about the breed? I mean obviously I know they must have a job and they’re hounds. I know they bawl. How much would they shed? How large of a yard do they need? I’ve got a few acres. Inside dog? Anything about them will help. My boy wants a “Smokey.” TIA

They are sporting dogs and you better be ready to help them expel their energy. Every day, especially when young.

You should also plan on purchasing a GPS tracking collar if your yard isn't fenced in. Once that hounds nose locks onto something their instincts kick in and off they go. Do some research on the collars as they don't come cheap.

I don't know about that, but I think it would have been more of a game. I'm a T-Bay guy and I wanted them to win, but I have to admit it made a big difference...it had to have made a big difference. KC would have had their hands full either way I think.

Chiefs fan here in Kansas City. We simply got our butts whipped. The fans and city were in complete shock. So many things can be pointed to but there is no excuse. Tampa Bay just kicked our butts. Just now getting over it too. It's been a miserable week here processing that loss, dealing with the snow and arctic temperatures.

Reactions: VOLSONLY
I have a 13 year old female blue tick named “Smokey” she is an absolutely wonderful pet, howls when she hears Rocket Top, is a lap dog and is the best friend ever. She loves me beyond measure and me her. I have a acre lot in a sub division in Chattanooga and she loves to walk and go for rides. When the time comes I will procure another blue tick immediately, I never want to be without one ever.

What is this "Rocket Top"? Is that an Elton John song?

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back