Recruiting Forum Football Talk III

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have a pretty good ability to block out events that are emotionally and/or psychologically painful (ok...I actually just forget a sh!t-ton of stuff whether it was good or bad). On the Jancek 4th and 14 deal, was it a bad call or bad execution? I know he’s ultimately responsible for both, but if it was a decent call I can cut him some slack.

Seems like there was some controversy over a linebacker spying, and I’m pretty sure at least one or two DBs took horrific angles.

I’d rather him not be the hire, but I was surprised when a few of you seemed OK with it.
Yep, he left one LB out of coverage to spy the QB (Grier) on that 4th and 14. Second worst play of my life. The worst one was the 1990 FG that was blocked against Bama.

Playing dodgeball with the players is a good way for coaches to figure out who hates to lose

Smart idea, let's you see the natural competitiveness of the guys and also allows them to have fun with one another.

These guys think Pruitt had their best interest in mind, but they'll realize what it's like to have a real player's coach under CJH I think.

Smart idea, let's you see the natural competitiveness of the guys and also allows them to have fun with one another.

These guys think Pruitt had their best interest, but they'll realize what it's like to have a real player's coach under CJH I think.
Agreed, this is similar to what Barnes did when he got here. Team played games together. Let’s coaches identify leaders and build friendship with competition

These guys think Pruitt had their best interest in mind, but they'll realize what it's like to have a real player's coach under CJH I think.
Agreed. Hadn't thought of it that way. Also see the natural leaders.

Edit: Ace beat me to the leaders comment.

Well, how has that worked for us since 2005??? Being loud and obnoxious fix the incompetence of the bad administration and rich idiots? No, we have just kept pulling each other down while the media has broadcast it worldwide so that no one wants to be part of our disfunction.
Look, I dont care what the media say about us. Why should I? I don't tweet. I post on a message board. The fans are the victims in this, not the problem. Doesn't matter how we are painted. If Danny White thinks we need to stop posting negativity all over the internet, great. Let's see how far that message takes him. But my point stands. I refuse to accept blame for the incompetence of the past 15 years.

Hey guys - A friend of mine signed up but can’t start threads or post comments. Is there a certain amount of time he has to wait before posting? Or does he need to do something additional?

It’s been so long I’ve forgotten how it works.

Asking in this thread because I know a lot of people read it.

Thanks in advance!

Bassilio is saying they're meeting with John Jancek today for DC.
I feel like we could do better, no one has wanted him. But I'll give anyone who worked for Butch a 2nd chance, because I think Butch got the least out of everyone around him, players and coaches.

Still, I hope that's not the top of our current list of potential DC

Hey guys - A friend of mine signed up but can’t start threads or post comments. Is there a certain amount of time he has to wait before posting? Or does he need to do something additional?

Thanks in advance!
Is his name Little Gucci Sosa by any chance?

Thanks in advance!
He hasn’t been approved yet. Once he is, he doesn’t have to wait to post or start threads.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back